Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he asked for a statue and a stand to be named after him right now, I’d give it to him. Ive been a Villa fan only since 2001ish and this is the only time as a fan Ive been truly excited and happy except for perhaps MON’s first league cup final as that felt like a false dawn of a corner turned. Even under the MON days it just felt a bit ‘off’ most of the time. Now we feel like real challengers. I actually wouldn’t be stunned if we won the league. Obviously it’d be incredible but because of what Unai has already done it wouldn’t appear absurd.

then you remember that a very short time ago we were 17th under Gerrard. 

• Like 1

Interesting to hear Unai Emery talk on Match of the Day about the title, basically said I will have this conversation again if we are around the same position in the league after 32 games. Just imagine if we are there or thereabouts, I think the teams around us might start to doubt themselves.

However I do fully expect the cheating Man S***** machine to kick in and win the league but perhaps not. 

I'm a believer mate!

5 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I’ve just read a bunch of complaints on here (as in: on the current latest page on each of their threads) about Diego Carlos, Cash, Douglas Luiz (!), Ramsey, Duran, Lenglet, Martinez (!), Diaby and Zaniolo so credit to this guy for getting any sort of performances from this squad!

Nuts isn't it, imagine if we actually had some 'good' players!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Unai greatest strength is doing the unexpected but casually. I dont think our defence is super solid though its how we set up but 2 of our 4 clean sheets was vs City and Arsenal. Its like we prepared our season for them games

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

Unai greatest strength is doing the unexpected but casually. I dont think our defence is super solid though its how we set up but 2 of our 4 clean sheets was vs City and Arsenal. Its like we prepared our season for them games

Knowing Unai he was probably working on preparation for those games back in September. He probably has thick tactical dossiers for every single fixture as soon as they're announced.

1 hour ago, onmeedson said:

Hope Unai has not taken to self harming after the loss to Unt and the eye is just a new weapon to pierce the back of any under performing player. 

He heard of a new managerial technique called looking people in the eye so wanted to experiment on himself

I presume most teams do this sort of thing but if you look above Diego's head and to the left of Konsa's head I like the detail on the Burnley players shown in the background.

Little bit of an insight into some of the information the players get.

I'm sure Emery (and his backroom team) leave no stone unturned. UTV!

• Like 4

Â