Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont know why but i was under the impression he only signed a 3 and half year deal leaving a couple years on there.

It wont be long until other clubs come sniffing around

He's going nowhere, we are building a partnership with Real Unión the club he owns in Spain. Our owners are just as affective off the pitch as Emery is on it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tinker said:

He's going nowhere, we are building a partnership with Real Unión the club he owns in Spain. Our owners are just as affective off the pitch as Emery is on it. 

I hope so mate

This is football nothing is for certain 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I hope so mate

This is football nothing is for certain 

It's life not just football that's uncertain. Our owners picked Emery I would trust them to replace him if he did leave us, I just can't see a football reason that would tempt him to leave. With the players Smith assembled I think we are 2 years down the road on a 6 year journey to put us where we want to go. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tinker said:

It's life not just football that's uncertain. Our owners picked Emery I would trust them to replace him if he did leave us, I just can't see a football reason that would tempt him to leave. With the players Smith assembled I think we are 2 years down the road on a 6 year journey to put us where we want to go. 

I think emery might leave if madrid or spain national coach jobs come up in next few years.

If he wins us a trophy or brings us untold success he will probably move on after that. He seems like someone who once successful moves on to other challenges 

If he gives us a trophy, CL football he can go with my blessing. But i hope its not for a very long time!!

27 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

2023 calendar year table so far, unreal what Emery has done tbh.

image.png.c910b889ced3976e0468ec0e30919089.png

Emery is absolutely incredible and we should be so thankful to have him as our manager. Genius!

Another wonderful thing about that table is looking at Chelski's meager 8 wins. Shit club.

Remember when Emery was arriving with a career PPG ratio of 1.82 at teams including Arsenal (1.85) and PSG (2.46) and having played in European competition for the previous 15 consecutive seasons?

It would be almost impossible for him to maintain those records managing an Aston Villa team on 12 points after 13 games (0.92), out of the relegation zone on GD, and having not qualified for Europe since 2010/11, right?

Emery: "Hold my jarra." He's on 1.96 PPG with us as of now (all competitions) and likely soon to be through to the Europa Conference League knockout stages after 13 months in charge.

unai-emery-baywatch.gif

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Haha 2

There is one thing, (amongst many) I like about him....when he gets it wrong,( or feels he has it wrong) he has the humility to then get it right.

Unai, is not interested in ego's.....He just pursues perfection.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think emery might leave if madrid or spain national coach jobs come up in next few years.

If he wins us a trophy or brings us untold success he will probably move on after that. He seems like someone who once successful moves on to other challenges 

If he gives us a trophy, CL football he can go with my blessing. But i hope its not for a very long time!!

Then he will be leaving us in a much better position if we get a couple more years out of him.

20 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

Love that picture. 

"To win against me, you must beat me three times: in the opening, the middlegame and the endgame." - Alekhine

I'm seriously starting to get those vibes from Unai. You'd think Spurs won the game 1-1 after 45 minutes, then due to some unforeseen technicality, had to play another 45 minutes.

• Like 1

When he opens up with "Good Morning, Good Afternoon or Good Evening.....it shows what a true gentleman he is.

such a simple thing to do, and yet so powerful.....I think courtesy is powerful, deep down.....Its not hard to respect a guy like that.

He never forgets to say it, must have been brought up in a good family unit.

I love the guys, personality.....his humility, is his most powerful tool.

• Like 2

Â