Unai Emery

PeterSw

Anyone else catch his little bit of potty mouth after we scored last night? 

My Spanish is non existent, but I used to work with a Mexican who taught me the bad words, haha. 

I distinctly saw him mouth the word 'Puta', which means.....well look it up. 

Haha. Unai goes rogue!!! He's off the f***ing chain.

• Haha 1

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a frustrating season with injuries so far. Emery has really done such a great job

Buendia + mings out for the season 

Carlos was starting to get back to full fitness and then got injured again. Now just getting back into the team.

Bailey in and out of squad with injuries

Ramsey returns and reinjures himself

Moreno looked like he was ready to return and then had to spend more time recovering.

Now diaby + kamara maybe missing the wolves match.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

What a frustrating season with injuries so far. Emery has really done such a great job

Buendia + mings out for the season 

Carlos was starting to get back to full fitness and then got injured again. Now just getting back into the team.

Bailey in and out of squad with injuries

Ramsey returns and reinjures himself

Moreno looked like he was ready to return and then had to spend more time recovering.

Now diaby + kamara maybe missing the wolves match.

Yeah, just imagine if he had none of that to contend with. Lesser & previous managers would have wilted…

but not King Unai!!

In today's Guardian, Jurgen Klopp says that Brighton are 'the best coached team in the Premier League'. Er, that'll be DeZerbi's Brighton, who just got schooled 6-1 by Emery's Villa. Want to have another think, Jurgen? 

• Like 1

On 06/10/2023 at 06:23, MrBlack said:

More importantly, can the club get an understudy in to learn from him, how he works, what he does,  and become the next Emery to take over when he eventually does leave (after having won us the champions league)?

I think that is hard to plan as in football there is no way of knowing if that apprenticeship will end up being 6 months or 6 years. Remember it’s so rare for any manager to actually last 2-3 seasons in one job in the Prem these days.

Wolves manager just admitted Unai refused to play the way they wanted. Wanted us to come out and press and catch us on the break. Unai set us up to mitigate their counter which also neutered our attacking intent. Draw probably the fair result. 

1 minute ago, Rightdm00 said:

Wolves manager just admitted Unai refused to play the way they wanted. Wanted us to come out and press and catch us on the break. Unai set us up to mitigate their counter which also neutered our attacking intent. Draw probably the fair result. 

Frustrating to watch but actually a decent point!

2 minutes ago, birdman said:

Frustrating to watch but actually a decent point!

Absolutely. Setting up to at least get a point on the road against a side who just beat a high pressing team is a decent result. 

The thing I like about Unai is that even when we set up defensively we still have, through the course of the match, multiple chances to win the game. It's not like we are parking the bus and hoping for a goal. 

• Like 4

Probably the second time I saw Unai set us up to be pragmatic instead of the protagonist. 

Think if Sa didn’t have a great game, we would have gotten the points. Played it out as well as he could. 

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Who is that Wolves coach who tries to slap Unai on the back as he walks away? I have to assume that qualifies as treason.

Get the boys. Prepare the gallows

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, YLN said:

Who is that Wolves coach who tries to slap Unai on the back as he walks away? I have to assume that qualifies as treason.

Get the boys. Prepare the gallows

on it, do you want the corpse then drawn and quartered and fed to the dogs at dawn 

• Haha 1

Â