Unai Emery

PeterSw

I just missed out on the Saunders era at Villa Park but nothing in my time supporting out great club comes remotely close to this last year. Unai is an absolute genius. He never takes a backward step. I love him to bits and would be thrilled if we could keep him long term. Amazing what he has done in his time here. Absolutely magnificent.

• Like 2

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Spoony said:

It’s easy to overlook because it’s Brighton, but Brighton are one of the best teams in the country (at least too 6/7). We just destroyed them. It’s one of the better results we have ever had in the PL. 

If Newcastle or Brighton (both clubs in a reasonably similar position to us) had destroyed the other 6-1, the media would be going on about five times as much as they have been about this game.

Also, Emery pretty clearly outfoxed the much-lauded (justifiably) De Zerbi, yet hardly anyone seems to be mentioning it?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Second most wins in the prem this calendar year with 18 . Mental absolutely mental

I can't remember the last time I witnessed 18 wins in a single year. Probably when we were in the Championship, but there's a massive tax on that + more games.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

Agree with all that but for me, it’s 40+ years of watching the Villa that has makes me nervous, even at 3-1, it’s like it’s ingrained into me and sure the same for many, it’s the hope that kills you and has so many times

I agree but it's not gonna help the players.

They will feel the nervousness.

We need to change the mentality and Emery is trying to do that but I can understand it's not gonna be done over night.

We've had some real turd management over the years who have scarred the fanbase. Will take years to fix.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I agree but it's not gonna help the players.

They will feel the nervousness.

We need to change the mentality and Emery is trying to do that but I can understand it's not gonna be done over night.

We've had some real turd management over the years who have scarred the fanbase. Will take years to fix.

The only way to fix it is to keep winning football matches and fortunately we have someone in charge who seems to be quite adept at that task and long may it continue. 

• Like 2

Think he celebrated the goals like one of us, great to see.

Said previously that we hadn't got it right for a full game before today but wow today wasn't far off.

Apart from a 15 minute spell second half when they scored our game plan worked a treat.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

As does most of the league to be fair. It's good for us. He's likely the first one targeted. But it's probably Unai after that, unless somebody stupid goes for Howe instead.

Unai has done the “traditional top 4” club. I’m not sure he’d go to one in an even bigger mess. He has a project here with people around him that has been built for him. I’m not worried.

14 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Unai has done the “traditional top 4” club. I’m not sure he’d go to one in an even bigger mess. He has a project here with people around him that has been built for him. I’m not worried.

There's no fear for me. He wants to build a legacy with smart owners. We suit him and the owners have given him carte blanche

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

As does most of the league to be fair. It's good for us. He's likely the first one targeted. But it's probably Unai after that, unless somebody stupid goes for Howe instead.

Unai and Howe are in better positions football and financial terms than Chelsea and United currently. Not sure is any temptation to move

• Like 1

Â