Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love how he keeps telling the players where they should be and what to do, in game. This can only make them better, its like extra training in the pitch.

As for our pal Gerrard on the side lines, he may aswell have been sitting next to klopp, always thinking and chatting to his assistant wondering what to do next. Absolute poles apart, an I'm not suprised, as 1 was an elite footballer who played for Liverpool and the other our elite manager.

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

I wasn’t around the Saunders era, so I’m going to say we had a few good managers, but in my era, Emery is the best tactically I’ve ever seen.

I’ve been a fan since 88 and Don Unai is easily the best since I’ve been a fan. The first time we’ve had one of the best managers in the world. Definitely top 5 in the world right now.

14 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

I'm not gay, but I'm in love with this man 😍

I hear ya mate, I do. I mean, if my missus could just show just one per cent of the intelligence Unai has I would have a lot more time for her. 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I hear ya mate, I do. I mean, if my missus could just show just one per cent of the intelligence Unai has I would have a lot more time for her. 

Problem with inches? 😉

Edited by Dodgyknees
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

We will finish this season with Arsenal being the only team to have done the double over us. That’s quite amazing and to be fair, they were incredibly lucky against us at VP.

Unai has managed to out fox everyone at some stage. To limit a rampant, in form, expectant Liverpool, like we did yesterday, was simply incredible. The cohesive and attractive way that we move the ball up the field is a joy to watch.

I really think that our success has been built on our defensive strength. Unai will be looking to improve us in the final third next season and who knows what that will bring. Whatever happens, being a Villa fan is exciting again and that’s all down to our Spanish genius. Absolutely love him.

I don’t even think we’ve defended like his teams usually do only in the last 12 games or so have really seen how effective his teams are defensively. Next season we’ll be even better. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

We will finish this season with Arsenal being the only team to have done the double over us. That’s quite amazing and to be fair, they were incredibly lucky against us at VP.

Unai has managed to out fox everyone at some stage. To limit a rampant, in form, expectant Liverpool, like we did yesterday, was simply incredible. The cohesive and attractive way that we move the ball up the field is a joy to watch.

I really think that our success has been built on our defensive strength. Unai will be looking to improve us in the final third next season and who knows what that will bring. Whatever happens, being a Villa fan is exciting again and that’s all down to our Spanish genius. Absolutely love him.

Spot on....thats where most top managers start.

Catenaccio works and creates confidence in front.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Â