Unai Emery

PeterSw

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I'm not so sure, he's had a taste with the big boys (PSG and Arsenal) and they both ended badly.  He has excelled at smaller clubs (Sevilla and Villareal), we fall under that category.  I think he'll stay here until he feels he's achieved all he can.

He’s at a sleeping giant now, with a history of smaller club mentality. However we have the resources and the fan base to go a long way (which he didn’t have to anywhere the same degree in Spain).

I think he’s signed on to the idea of full control and full backing and building up. Being parachuted into a pool of extreme talent (Potter) often doesn’t work well.

• Like 1

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, jayEm said:

I'm slightly emotional thinking about Unai Emery. What a wonderful football manager we have. The dedication both to the club and its fans, and the game, is beautiful. He adores football and loves the commitment he has made to serving Aston Villa. There's no ego or personality to deal with, just a humble, simple, brilliant man. Gosh we are so lucky.

Exactly my thoughts!

• Like 1

I love Unai and what’s possible in the future under him. I also know how quickly things can change in football so I’m just going to continue to enjoy every game rather than get carried away. 

Another 3 points against a manager less Leicester would be lovely. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Joins villa and says he is unhappy he has joined as it means the team has been underperforming and that we need to work hard to rectify it. 

Result... beat Manure at VP for first time in a generation, beats Brighton with some insane back 6 tactics. 

Comes in and states that he wants the team to start winning away. 

Result..  5 away wins and 2nd in the away form table since he came in. 

States that any club can have a new manager bounce but its putting in place consistency and clarity that gets you up the table. 

after the new manager bounce came 3 straight defeats while conceding  11 goals iand rightly says he is really unhappy about it and it needs to be rectified. 

Result.... 4 wins and a draw conceding 1 penalty in the following 5 games.... 

He just knows doesnt he. No soundbites.  What he says he does. 

No idea how to find out but 29 points from 15 games. Sounds like it might be the most successful points haul from 15 games in our premier league history or did Gregory beat that ? 

Gregory got more - must have. Unless you mean first 15 games, O’Leary had a spell of 32pts in 15 when he took us to top 6 in 03/04 as well. Sure Little, Ron must have had better runs also when we were finishing top 4. 

• Like 1

Now that the sacking merry go round is in full swing, the decision to appoint Unai and the speed at which it was done, looks better and better. Spurs and now Leicester are both mangerless and the chaos at Stamford Bridge is only going one way. We really are fortunate, at last, to be such a brilliantly run club, with incredible owners. What a time to be alive!

• Like 1

Honestly hold my hands up and say I'd have rather had Potter when Emery came in, now I would be absolutely devastated if Chelsea came in for Emery and we only had Potter to replace him as best option. 

Just now, skarroki said:

Honestly hold my hands up and say I'd have rather had Potter when Emery came in, now I would be absolutely devastated if Chelsea came in for Emery and we only had Potter to replace him as best option. 

Dunno...I believe Emery to be made of a certain moral fibre and hence would not even think about managing Chelsea.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Dunno...I believe Emery to be made of a certain moral fibre and hence would not even think about managing Chelsea.

giphy.gif

pretty sure Potter was hired a few weeks before we got Unai, they could easily have got him

I think Sawiris giving Emery free reign is more of a selling point than the shit Randy Lerner buying players that are good on FIFA

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Bet Chelsea think they could get him if they tried...

Can’t see it. They’ll go for Naglesmann, if he doesn’t want it then Pochettino. They paid a record fee for Potter, they’d have to break that record again to get Emery.

If that happens, think how attractive we will look now for other coaches with talent. A team in good form that has had their coach poached rather than having sacked someone and in desperate need of saving… 

Edited by Tayls

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

If that happens, think how attractive we will look now for a coach with talent. A team in good form that has had their coach poached rather than having sacked someone and in desperate need of saving… 

I’d rather that didn’t happen to be honest. 

Â