Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Its really good to see and people might think its impressive but its what actual football managers do. We have had way too many occasions of managers celebrating a win like that was job done. 

Bruce for example I remember we smashed Wolves and he thought that was it and we lost I think to QPR a few days later

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'd love to be able to watch a football match from within his head. Dude is a genius. 

Be easy and free when watching football with Unai, he’s not a man you meet every day

55 minutes ago, Jareth said:

This is what i have always wanted to see . This man is relentless  and this will flow downwards to the players.  Set the standards at the top and bring everyones up  

He never basks it seems. Never celebrates with the fans after games. Just file the win away and onto the next. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

29 points in 15 games, 1.93 points per game. If he had been here at start of season we’d have roughly 54 points. We’d be 3rd. The man is a genius.

The last person occupying the manager role picked up 44 points across his 38 league games in charge. 

As you say, 29 points in 15 games. There’s 10 games remaining. There’s a very real chance Emery’s going to surpass that total of 44 points in what would be less than two thirds of a season.

7 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

This is what i have always wanted to see . This man is relentless  and this will flow downwards to the players.  Set the standards at the top and bring everyones up  

He never basks it seems. Never celebrates with the fans after games. Just file the win away and onto the next. 

Never 'basques'

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

The last person occupying the manager role picked up 44 points across his 38 league games in charge. 

As you say, 29 points in 15 games. There’s 10 games remaining. There’s a very real chance Emery’s going to surpass that total of 44 points in what would be less than two thirds of a season.

I think he is 5 wins away from overtaking Gerrard wins as Villa manager

• Like 1

60 % win percentage in the league so far. 

53% including the cup losses. 

Seems he is doing what he has always done. 54% win rate in his career to date. 

Suggests that our run is sustainable . We are doing exactly what would be expected based on his  1000 plus ganes 

Edited by MWARLEY2
  • Like 4

If we win every game we get champions league. Maybe.

Grrr those 6 points! (Yes I know I’ve been called out on it). But imagine if we were on 47 points.(Still believe we should have won the Liverpool and Leicester games). Top 4 would be a realistic chance. 

Don Unai is probably already plotting revenge for the defeats.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

His decision making has been impeccable so far.. in game management and squad selection.. and think about when he sold Ings and bought Moreno.. I was a little concerned.. but he just knows what he’s doing..

Edited by catanzaro

36 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

The wasted year under Gerrard was worth it because it put us in position to land this absolute magician. Pinching myself.

Not sure. I'd rather have had him straight after Smith to be honest.

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Not sure. I'd rather have had him straight after Smith to be honest.

Yes but he might not have been ready to take the job. He said how timing was right when we approached 

• Like 2

Â