We’ve go super Unai Emery

He knows what he’s doing 

Konsa at the back

Bailey in attack

We’ve got super Unai Emery

Konsa at the back why not mings 😂

I can see that being changed to carlos at the back when he comes back

• Like 1

Give the man what he wants. Let him move on who he wants. Still have Lange and recruitment team driving the overall philosophy with a lot of younger players , but if Unai wants a guy and he wants to **** someone off do it. I can see him , despite the feel good factor, and despite him being a nice humble guy binning a load of these players off.

He's a  real one. A proper coach and a proper custodian. A gentlemen who won't drop 125k on a name to feed his own inflated ego.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

The period in the second half between 50-60 mis was some of the best passing play I've seen us play. Say what you want about us being lucky with decisions, we had 63% possession away, 556-320 in passes and16-8 in shots, we controlled the game and bossed them and fully deserved to win. 

Reading the Southampton forums you'd think we'd performed a smash and grab with 18% possession, beggars belief. 

A very good game yesterday. I'd say our best 0-90 mins performance under Emery so far. We had a lot of the ball and controlled the game very well (especially the first half). I'm looking forward to seeing how we build on it.

Does anyone know why the extra GK was put on the bench instead of an outfield player?

19 minutes ago, StuL said:

A very good game yesterday. I'd say our best 0-90 mins performance under Emery so far. We had a lot of the ball and controlled the game very well (especially the first half). I'm looking forward to seeing how we build on it.

Does anyone know why the extra GK was put on the bench instead of an outfield player?

They've finally realised Olsen is a better striker than keeper.

• Haha 1

Just seen match report from SKY which says " Ollie Watkins give visitors 1 - 0 win to climb 11 points above relegation zone ". Lol

I'm not for the conspiracy theories but this is hilarious.

We are closer to a Champions League place than we are relegation ffs 🤦🏿‍♂️

( Yes I know it's FACTUALLY correct but still )

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just seen match report which says " Villa grind out 1 - 0 winn to climb 11 points above relegation zone ". Lol

100% this. I spoke to my non-Villa friend last night and his reaction was “that’s Villa safe”. We are sneaking under the radar, the speed we are picking up points, we could be 7th in a fortnight.

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just seen match report which says " Villa grind out 1 - 0 winn to climb 11 points above relegation zone ". Lol

Yesterday was weird across the board. I watched the match on Peacock and the commentary ignored Villa for 90% of the match. They said a few positive things in the final 10 minutes of the first half because we had 98% of the ball, but they were so focused on Southampton. The Southampton players string two passes together for the first time in 20 minutes, and commentary were like "They're playing well today, I could see Southampton getting something today". Yet Villa had all the possession, all the shots, all the creative chances bar two very good attacks from Southampton and we were given no credit for it. Maybe that's a sign that we've moved up a level and the media are expecting more from us, while Southampton were the underdog, but it was weird yesterday. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just seen match report from SKY which says " Villa grind out 1 - 0 winn to climb 11 points above relegation zone ". Lol

If it's any consolation, the media have been discrediting us my entire life.  Even in 1980-82 we were not supposed to finish ahead of Bobby Robson or beat Bayern.  The magical "do you want to bet against us" interview quote by Sir Ron summed it up.  

Don't care what they think and they can keep discrediting us all they want as far as I'm concerned.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

100% this. I spoke to my non-Villa friend last night and his reaction was “that’s Villa safe”. We are sneaking under the radar, the speed we are picking up points, we could be 7th in a fortnight.

The thing is we've actually done Spurs and Man U in this run as well. Not just fluked a win but been the better team. It's going to take us getting probably 3-4 points from Man City and Arsenal as well. Then will be impossible to ignore. 

The bias is pretty blatant. The Independent match report in the win over Leeds I couldn't believe what I was reading. Relegation my arse. At this point I think Chelsea are more likely to get relegated.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Reading the Southampton forums you'd think we'd performed a smash and grab with 18% possession, beggars belief. 

I thought yesterday was a fairly comfortable win. As comfortable a 1-0 win you can get away from home in the Premier League.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, StuL said:

I thought yesterday was a fairly comfortable win. As comfortable a 1-0 win you can get away from home in the Premier League.

We had a lot higher xG than they did 1.2 to 0.6 with almost all of theirs (0.45) coming from the one Adam Armstrong chance Emi saved well with his foot. Other than that they had a clearly offside goal and the foul deflected one that was ruled out

Edited by CVByrne

A big change under Emery this season vs Gerrard is we've gone from 5th worst in xG against against to 7th best. Especially when you consider the top attacking sides we faced under Emery and the number of chances in Liverpool had in that one game of 3.51xG is 37% of the xG against. So we're averaging under 1 xG against per game excluding that one Liverpool game. 

The side are set up very well defensively. We are well drilled. Now we need to bring in a couple of attacking players and build the attacking game. We've not created many chances at 8.48 xG but we've been clinical scoring 12. This can't last and we need to create more

Â