Unai Emery

PeterSw

When SG won three of his first four games I felt positive and really happy with him as that is afterall an impressive start, but in hindsight I guess it was just the new manager bounce. Plus he didn't have to play Man Utd at home or Tottenham, his three wins were easier games than that.

Ok, yes it's still early days but with wins at Villa Park v Man U (finally!!!) and then against Spurs, Unai's three wins from his first four games is even more impressive! I doubt that would have happened without a manager with so much experience, talent and sucess.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I love about Emery ball is that even though the first half yesterday was incredibly dull, I didn't mind it at all. It was clear and obvious we had a plan to contain and frustrate and that's perfectly fine away from home against "better" opposition. Such a far cry away from the previous manager when no one could see what we were trying to do in the slightest. Long may it continue. Over the moon that we have Emery at the club.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Night and day compared to Gerrard ball where there was no game plan or tactics visible at all. 

I was sceptical about him when he joined but my scepticism has been replaced with optimism and anticipation good our next game.

What makes emery really interesting to me is he is first manager we have had in years that doesnt sorely focus on one player.

He is focusing on making us dangerous as a unit not just relying on one player or moment of magic.

Im really really excited about this appointment.  Even if he gets a few bad results he is going to have my backing 100%

He beat spurs at spurs without martinez cash and ramsey

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

What makes emery really interesting to me is he is first manager we have had in years that doesnt sorely focus on one player.

He is focusing on making us dangerous as a unit not just relying on one player or moment of magic.

Im really really excited about this appointment.  Even if he gets a few bad results he is going to have my backing 100%

His teams have never been about superstars except when he was at PSG and they have been mostly successful. At Arsenal he was trying to do similar removing Ozil and Aubameyang over time

Interesting was looking at the Wiki of his old player Bacca. He was mainly a finisher but Emery trained him also to pretty much play like Ollie so you can tell what type of player he will want in his team

Sorry couldnt copy and paste it

10 hours ago, Pinebro said:

It's a strange feeling to be able to look forward to games again.

There was a period there during Gerrard where I was seriously contemplating not watching Villa altogether until he was sacked as there was 0 joy in watching us, only pain and boredom. Now I find myself googling Villa's fixture list out of sheer anticipation. I just want to watch us play again and it's beautiful. I thought I'd never see this feeling again at one point.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

There was a period there during Gerrard where I was seriously contemplating not watching Villa altogether until he was sacked as there was 0 joy in watching us, only pain and boredom. Now I find myself googling Villa's fixture list out of sheer anticipation. I just want to watch us play again and it's beautiful. I thought I'd never see this feeling again at one point.

If only I had a pound for everytime i have felt like that 😆

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

His teams have never been about superstars except when he was at PSG and they have been mostly successful. At Arsenal he was trying to do similar removing Ozil and Aubameyang over time

Thats whay excites me. Its literally the opposite of whta gerrard was trying to do.

I like as well that he isnt afraid to make tough decisions like leaving cash and emi out yet he still pulls a comfortable win.

This guys the real deal. Fans need to get behind him even when things dont go our way. He really could achieve greatness with the fans on side

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I agree....look more like a team, and less like a bunch of individuals.

It reminds me, of our days under Ron, not the same style, but similar mantra.....No big names, just a well oiled machine.

I am really hooked in to what he's doing.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

On about 93 minutes I announced "I think we've won this" to the hilarity of my other half

See this was the first time in over a decade that I did not panic one bit when the board went up. It could’ve had 17 minutes on it, we were not losing our hold on the game.

Just now, Woody1000 said:

See this was the first time in over a decade that I did not panic one bit when the board went up. It could’ve had 17 minutes on it, we were not losing our hold on the game.

something, we have all been moaning about for yonks.

Keeping control.

At Last, we have a manager, tuned in to it.....and a bunch of players, learning how to execute it.

• Like 1

Â