Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I was hoping for some more wholesome emery content today and feel a bit romantically undernourished

I have caught myself using this expression, outside of Villa context, without realizing that no one gets this reference and just think I'm a pretentious prick.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

I have caught myself using this expression, outside of Villa context, without realizing that no one gets this reference and just think I'm a pretentious prick.

It's a bit like when I said the other day that the people I work with are a good bunch of lads, an honest bunch of lads and they work hard. They just need to look me in the eye from time to time and realise we go again. For sure.

• Haha 2

Just looking at JPB and TI threads, it’s clear we have some talented youngers and obviously it’s an area the club have invested heavily in. 

Without following Emery’s career as intently as some, what’s he’s track record of playing young players? 

I notice from some of spurious transfer links to some Villareal players (especially the wingers) that some of them are very young. 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Just looking at JPB and TI threads, it’s clear we have some talented youngers and obviously it’s an area the club have invested heavily in. 

Without following Emery’s career as intently as some, what’s he’s track record of playing young players? 

I notice from some of spurious transfer links to some Villareal players (especially the wingers) that some of them are very young. 

Saka made his debut under him, Smith Rowe too I think at Arsenal.

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

I'm sure when he was at Arsenal, he was responsible for handing debuts to Saka, Smith-Rowe, Nketiah, Willock and Nelson as well? I think he is not afraid of trusting young players. So youth players should feel encouraged that he'll give them a good look.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

I'm sure when he was at Arsenal, he was responsible for handing debuts to Saka, Smith-Rowe, Nketiah, Willock and Nelson as well? I think he is not afraid of trusting young players. So youth players should feel encouraged that he'll give them a good look.

Martinelli as well. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

It's a bit like when I said the other day that the people I work with are a good bunch of lads, an honest bunch of lads and they work hard. They just need to look me in the eye from time to time and realise we go again. For sure.

How about wor socks. Were they rolled up?

12 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Saka made his debut under him, Smith Rowe too I think at Arsenal.

10 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Thanks both. 

That’s encouraging. Whatever people say about the wealth of our owners, it’s clear for various reasons we won’t be completing financially with those at the top of the tree so being able supplement any spending with youth progression is going to be key.

Still can’t flipping believe this bloke is our manager.

Is it fair to say that this bloke is the best manager we’ve ever appointed?  But best I mean his standing in the game. I know people lucky enough to have been around in 81/82 with talk about the achievements of Saunders/Barton, but neither had a CV like this this guys when we appointed them. 

He probably favours younger players due to them being more open and willing to listen and take instructions on board… whereas some older players have an ego and are less likely to be agreeable at times… although he has utilised older players too and they have become important cogs in his teams…

Younger players tend to be more pacy and energetic too…

It’s about finding the right balance and having the right elements/attributes in key areas.

I think he will add pace and physicality to our side…

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

BFR was a big name, and at the time most of us was quite excited when MON joined the Villa, even with the nagging feeling that Scottish Football isn't that good.

MON had good experience in the PL with Leicester, winning them 2 cups if I remember correctly. A reverse Rodgers if you will.

7 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Matty Cash on Sky Sports News next...

well, that's what they've just said....

talking UE 

as expected i suppose, didn't give a fat lot away

we'll have to wait for the man himself to face the press, whenever that might be

exciting times ahead

Â