Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I read on Twitter that Emery has signed 19 players twice. E.g. Lo Celso.

I suspect that means he trusts certain Individuals and likes to works with players he knows can take his ideas on board.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if we were linked to some Villarreal players, especially Lo Celso (I understand he’s on loan)

who are the other 18? (if Lo Celso is 19).

Just now, dudevillaisnice said:

That bit in the training video where he speaks to Jacob about his positioning 😍

That got me excited too and i think we are underestimating how coachable are guys can be with an elite coach. I always remember with Leeds in the championship how Bielsa was able to make guys like Dallas, Ayling and Cooper who have decent footballing ability - look unbelievable with some coaching on pressing and positional sense. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Interesting part is his English is a lot better than when he was interviewed at Arsenal, maybe he is more comfortable on the training ground than in the media which is definitely better for us

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Xela said:

When you think about it, a team in our position, that hasn't finished in the top 10 for over a decade, to get a manager/head coach of the calibre of Uni Emery is amazing.

What a coup by club. 

Look at some of the players he has coached Mbappe, Neymar, Thiago Silva, David Villa, David Silva, Marquinhos, Veratti, Di Maria, Dani Alves, Rakitic plus a few more. Some of the biggest names of the last 20 years or so 

• Like 1

The footage today looked more impressive thankfully.

It has been a while since we had such a hands on manager. We've had so many of the Brian Clough school who delegated everything to their more competent assistants, most notably O'Neill, Lambert and Gerrard.

This new era has to be beneficial in the long run.

28 minutes ago, Xela said:

When you think about it, a team in our position, that hasn't finished in the top 10 for over a decade, to get a manager/head coach of the calibre of Uni Emery is amazing.

What a coup by club. 

I’m still absolutely blown away by this. I can’t believe he’s our manager 

1 minute ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

The footage today looked more impressive thankfully.

It has been a while since we had such a hands on manager. We've had so many of the Brian Clough school who delegated everything to their more competent assistants, most notably O'Neill, Lambert and Gerrard.

This new era has to be beneficial in the long run.

I meant to post this

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Look at some of the players he has coached Mbappe, Neymar, Thiago Silva, David Villa, David Silva, Marquinhos, Veratti, Di Maria, Dani Alves, Rakitic plus a few more. Some of the biggest names of the last 20 years or so 

Jesus his first day at training must have been depressing AF in context !

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

May be a bit of a clever move to NOT have his coaching staff there for first day. This way the players don't get overwhelmed by all the new faces and instead get a day with the main man, being coached by him, taking instructions from him. Even just him and probably Macphee to help out, he obviously knows what he wants from them and having no others around allows him to point out his way of doing things before his generals come in and take over the smaller details.

If I was a betting man. I would place a crisp £10 note on the pitches being choc full of coaches who don't yet have work permits the second the cameras stopped shooting. 

Â