Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

9 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

I mean I’ve no idea, if it was between dyche now or Emery at the World Cup break I’d still take Emery 

yeah, most probably would, but would depend if that's contractually agreed to join at the WC break or if it's a "call me at the WC break"

we could be bottom of the league at which point he's hardly going to be keen

21 minutes ago, nick76 said:

They watch the games, they knew well before how bad it was.  I don’t buy they didn’t know, maybe they were just holding off a bit longer until they had secured the replacement which maybe close but the Fulham game was so bad Sawiris had enough!

We are talking about busy business men here, how much spare time they have to watch our games we don’t know.  They made Purslow the boss to take care of the club, so that they could do other things.

If they were just holding off until a replacement was found, the question would be when did they decide to replace Gerrard. In my view there are two options, before the match against ManC or after the match against Chelsea. If it was before ManC, they are unbelievable ineffective to still not have a replacement. If it was after Chelsea, you can ask why, it was the first match where wasn’t absolutely dog shit this season. That brings it back to, the hunt for a replacement started after Fulham, not before.

It wasn't anything like "strong", classic talksport BS.

He just suggested the general running of the club because he'd just said Smith and Gerrard were both outstanding managers.

He's hardly going to slate the recruitment because they are all absolutely Gerrard signings.

5 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

We are talking about busy business men here, how much spare time they have to watch our games we don’t know.  They made Purslow the boss to take care of the club, so that they could do other things.

If they were just holding off until a replacement was found, the question would be when did they decide to replace Gerrard. In my view there are two options, before the match against ManC or after the match against Chelsea. If it was before ManC, they are unbelievable ineffective to still not have a replacement. If it was after Chelsea, you can ask why, it was the first match where wasn’t absolutely dog shit this season. That brings it back to, the hunt for a replacement started after Fulham, not before.

Have you seen Edens at Bucks games? Loads.  These are very rich business men but having worked with some very rich people and company owners (unfortunately not rubbed off on me) they don’t miss their teams games when they are on I can guarantee you that.  They go, or get special streams in or something, if they are fanatics about sports they watch the game and the world stops while they do.  Top business people work 24/7 so they work around the games, believe me I’ve seen it.

• Like 1

Comments here. Hedoesn't say the recruitment, he does however point at the demands of NSWE "from above" and Purslow/Lange "from within" as the issue we have.

I personally disagree as our performances were awful. But had the club not been shouting Europe for 3 years maybe we'd have had more patience.

Edited by HalfTimePost

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

You can dislike Beale all you like but you cannot deny he is right in saying we are a badly run club.

From top to bottom.

Does he say anything about Gerrard’s shit formation and coaching,

• Like 2

From the quote I read, Beale essentially posed a rhetorical question and used recruitment as a possible example as to why 'two excellent managers' haven't worked out. 

This is more yellow journalism being Chinese whispered. 

Just move on.

11 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Love this. Under Gerrard we signed Digne and Coutinho whilst he was here, then Kamara and Carlos just before he left.

Which recruitment is he talking about?

If he’s talking about recruitment from before he joined then why join the club in the first place?

Prick.

In terms of the new manager. Has to be Emery if we really want to show our ambition.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Does he say anything about Gerrard’s shit formation and coaching,

Who hired Gerrard in the first place?

First thing we need to fix is who is in charge of footballing decisions.

What is our plan? Strategy? Are we gonna buy young and develop? Are we gonna buy experienced players and think short term?

I have no clue. We have no identity as a club. We did have that under Smith but the club decided to abandon that and goi n the opposite direction.

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 1