Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

Just now, villa4europe said:

100% this

Fans won't take to him, he won't get the buzz going around the place again

I think he will if he starts well (same as any manager). Newcastle weren’t overwhelmed with Howe but look now, they love him. 

Bo Svensson, Favre, Matthias Jaissle, Julien Stephan, Andoni Iraola should be on the list. Southampton plucked Poch seemingly from nowhere, we should be finding the next Poch and be able to give a platform to build long term, without needing to leave to progress themselves. 

Edited by Dale

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I don’t get the “Dyche” sends the wrong signals at all. 

Who cares about the signals? He’s a quality, British manager who has bags of experience in the PL taking a club well beyond they had any right to be.

What is this “signals” nonsense about? 

Ok so you want Dyche…glad it’s not who we’ll get!

Gerrard has really lowered the bar for some

8 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Dyche has rejected an offer from Bournemouth..

Which is odd because it is a potentially good opportunity for him.. 

I think that he is holding out for this job.

I also think that we are interested, mainly because of what West Ham have achieved with a pragmatic manager..

Dyche with a budget would make us extremely difficult at Villa park.

I would also say that Burnley had an extremely low budget and brought players of a specific identity.

spacer.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

You can say it about anybody. Nobody would be universally accepted. 

SAF could offer to do the job for free and there would be complaints.

I think the current Leicester form would play a role in how fans would react to Rodgers plus the compensation we'd have to pay instead of their ownership paying to sack him. & Dyche -- what would that say about our ambitions?

England doesn't really produce very many good coaches. Not that I really care about that particular trait, but there is a reason German coaches are 'popular'; they produce good ones. Looking at his track record Garde was one of the worst gambles we've taken in years, and it didn't pan out. He went on to do **** all after us confirming how badly we **** that one up. At least we got rid quickly.

Dyche is just a no. Rodgers as well, he seems utterly spent having lost all passion and drive to keep up with the ever changing modern tactical football, and listening to Leicester fans, he seems a right **** tit as well. 

Scary as it seems, we probably need to look broader than the current bunch of English coaches floating about in the nepotistic system that keeps them in jobs in order to kick on. That is why we have executives and a club hierarchy to do the due diligence needed. Hopefully that has improved under the new management so we can avoid the same mistakes we've made so many times before. 

Get someone in with passion, drive, skill and understanding enough to mold Villa into a successful club. 

One upside to Dyche is we wouldn't need to worry about expanding the stadium. 

Or if we did, we might as well turn the new North Stand seats away from the pitch and towards Witton island. 

There will be no waiting lists for that muck. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Dale said:

Bo Svensson, Favre, Matthias Jaissle, Julien Stephan, Andoni Iraola should be on the list. Southampton plucked Poch seemingly from nowhere, we should be finding the next Poch and be able to give a platform to build long term, without needing to leave to progress themselves. 

That’s what we’re hopefully doing with Amorim.

• Like 1

1. Is Sean Dyche a good manager?

Yes.

2. Is that based on years of his team playing a brand of football that none of us want to watch?

Yes

3. Is that his only blueprint for success or can he get a team winning while playing entertaining football? 

No idea.

It's #3 that's the problem. And for people saying we can play hoofball, get stability, then change - aren't we just back to square 1 next season, trying to implement a new system with a manager who hasn't played that way before? Or are we sacking Dyche at the end of the season (after getting us up the table) for a big payoff to bring in another manager to implement a new system that the players are used to? Because that's also back to where we are now.

If the ambition is a stadium upgrade, packed seats and nights in Rotterdam, Dyche isn't the right fit. I absolutely respect the job he did at Burnley though - and on a budget that even Doug would have described as thrifty. He's good, but he's not what we need.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

That’s what we’re hopefully doing with Amorim.

Exactly... I'm throwing (most) of the others in with regards to the profile we should be considering! 

3 minutes ago, HolteExile said:

One upside to Dyche is we wouldn't need to worry about expanding the stadium. 

Or if we did, we might as well turn the new North Stand seats away from the pitch and towards Witton island. 

There will be no waiting lists for that muck. 

Villa have not struggled to sell tickets with awful performances and results.

You think brining in a manager who very likely would start returning more wins would somehow reduce the number of people coming to watch? Hilarious.

Just now, Genie said:

Villa have not struggled to sell tickets with awful performances and results.

We used to before Dean's arrival. The unravelling takes a while... I don't think Dyche would stop the rot in terms of providing something people wanna pay for. 

21 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Dyche has rejected an offer from Bournemouth..

Which is odd because it is a potentially good opportunity for him.. 

I think that he is holding out for this job.

I also think that we are interested, mainly because of what West Ham have achieved with a pragmatic manager..

Dyche with a budget would make us extremely difficult at Villa park.

I would also say that Burnley had an extremely low budget and brought players of a specific identity.

Exactly, he won't have us playing like Burnley did. He's totally pragmatic and knows it's a results game. He needs to get wins to get us to the top half of the table and to do that he'll probably set us up with a 4 2 3 1 or a 4 3 3 and look for quick in transition

• Like 1