Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

21 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Franks said we were “respectless” after the Fulham game.  He’s never going to say that if he has even the remotest interest in the Villa job. I’m not convinced he’s right for us anyway but from that comment it’s ruled him out anyway by his choice.

Unless he meant that there's  an unknown but highly prolific striker  - Isaac Respect - hidden away in the reserved of a top club somewhere. Frank has already identified our greatest needs and Respect is top of his incoming list when he joins us as manager.  

You heard it here first

Edited by one_ian_taylor
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

This Amorim got as much experience as Van Taag? He had a slow start, but looks like the man to take United back to the top, doing well. Especially like his tactical nous to notice McGuire is useless. If Amorim comes in and notices the same of McGinn, I think we may be on our way 😂

Van Taag smashed it in Europe with Ajax. How has Amorim done in Europe?

I want some excitement back into the club. That means that boring safe choices like Dyche, Frank, Rafa or someone like that, should be a non starter, unless nobody else want to come here.

Choices that would be create a buzz around the club:

• Emery: He turned down Newcastle, so coming here gives us some bragging rights. He have the track record and the skill.
  • Amorim: Will be the most expensive manager ever, that show some real ambitions. He have been excelled in every job so far.

The club need to be more ruthless if the next manager doesn’t work out. Smith was sacked at the right time, but Gerrard was given way way too much time. Already at the end of last season it was becoming clear that he didn’t had the skill set required for the job. This season have been just painful to watch an incompetent manager cling on to a job he can’t do. Not only does it benefit the club if we are ruthless, less mess to cleanup. The manager will also benefit, just think what damage Gerrard’s reputation have taken this season.

4 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

I want some excitement back into the club. That means that boring safe choices like Dyche, Frank, Rafa or someone like that, should be a non starter, unless nobody else want to come here.

Choices that would be create a buzz around the club:

• Emery: He turned down Newcastle, so coming here gives us some bragging rights. He have the track record and the skill.
  • Amorim: Will be the most expensive manager ever, that show some real ambitions. He have been excelled in every job so far.

The club need to be more ruthless if the next manager doesn’t work out. Smith was sacked at the right time, but Gerrard was given way way too much time. Already at the end of last season it was becoming clear that he didn’t had the skill set required for the job. This season have been just painful to watch an incompetent manager cling on to a job he can’t do. Not only does it benefit the club if we are ruthless, less mess to cleanup. The manager will also benefit, just think what damage Gerrard’s reputation have taken this season.

You really want to hire a manager with one of two key reasons being bragging rights Vs Newcastle fans?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

The Yellow Submarine are actually a lot of fun to watch, too, even when they've lost. We have some players, like Bailey, that I feel would be able to find direction and home in an Emery set-up. He might even be able to get Coutinho clicking again. Kamara would be a natural fit. Not sure about McGinn. 

No McGinn you say.......Emery is the man for me

29 minutes ago, nick76 said:

To be honest, everything has been typical of Villa where I’m not sure the media know anything.  Even the Amorim link maybe we put feelers out to many places and his agent leaked it and we aren’t really that interested.  With Villa it’s generally, at this stage, the ones that are quite that are more likely,  wouldn’t surprise me, based on this if it was Emery but could equally be anybody else. It seems rarely the one that’s being talked about in the early parts.

I really hope so nick. I think emery is exciting as poch to be honest. Emery has actually won more than poch has for me he is more of a coup 

32 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

He's no better than Smith, you know that don't you? Brentford are ticking over because they have a top striker at the club.

Well you can’t say this with any real certainty can you ? I like the way Brentford approach games - I see similarities with Eddie Howe tbh. However your point about having a top striker is relevant, but that top striker might just find himself driving up the M1 in a couple of months ?

Just now, Feidhlim said:

You really want to hire a manager with one of two key reasons being bragging rights Vs Newcastle fans?

Yes, please. Have an annoying workmate from Newcastle. Emery coming here, would be so so sweet.

• Haha 2

This has probably already been posted but it's a pretty good insight into Ruben Amorim.

No Premier League experience, and would be a slight gamble; but what he has achieved in Portugal is insane.

Amorim or Rodgers for me.

• Like 1

I'm not sure why fans are so scared in taking Rodgers. he just needs to get his mojo back. He will be the best manager we have had since ONeil and I'm sure in the interview process he would be given a set remit. Money to spend, decent players, could be a long term appointment.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Its strange how ww havent been linked with emery.  The fans want him and i think the fans would be excited by that appointment. 

Also has pl experience  something vital

Not sure he would want to come.

As we can assume Poch and Tuchel are (understandably) not viable options, the two options that interest me are Emery and Amorim. I would go for Emery for three reasons:

1. He's much cheaper - I've heard that there'd be no fee due to a clause in his contract
  2. He's less of a gamble - he's far more experienced generally, and even has Premier League experience
  3. He uses a similar formation to what we use - 4 at the back, and 3 in midfield

I think Amorim's an incredibly interesting and exciting proposition, and if we made this decision two months ago, I'd have probably preferred him, and I'd also be very content if he does become our man.

We mustn't appoint Dyche or Benitez, they can get tae ****.

• Like 4