Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've never understood this term, it sounds like a cop out to brace for a Steve Bruce type

Surely what we need is a good Manager who knows how to get results and " relegation " sorts itself out?

it's points you need to avoid relegation, not someone who's necessarily experienced at playing crap football which can be called " pragmatic '

It's operating under the pressure of relegation and keeping your cool, it takes a big pair of bollox to do it and that's what we need. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tinker said:

They were top high pressure proven managers , we ain't getting one of them , we would get an relatively unproven one.. Seen it all before, it ends in tears 9 times out of 10. 

Not saying you’re wrong, but it’s possible the best experience we can buy is someone who is proven mediocre. Is that better than a wildcard? maybe.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, R.Bear said:

We're not in relegation battle ffs. This season has gone as badly as it could possibly have gone and yet we're still 5 points off 10th. Any remotely competent manager will at the very least get us to about 10th and at worst, comfortably lower midtable.

We've been total shit and that's why the manager has been sacked but let's not talk nonsense like needing someone to save us from relegation. We're like Newcastle last season, woeful mismanagement has put us here, not the squad. 

Have you seen who we have played, and failed to get results against, as opposed to who we still have to play? We are in trouble 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

We're not in relegation battle ffs.

The league table says otherwise 

We should be good enough for mid table, but if we get the wrong appointment then it could end up very quickly a slog for the rest of the season. Lose on Sunday with no manager and we could be in the bottom 3

Edited by david-avfc

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

Have you seen who we have played, and failed to get results against, as opposed to who we still have to play? We are in trouble 

We've played 11 games for christ sake. We have all of the bottom half teams to play once, some twice. Utter rubbish.

1 minute ago, david-avfc said:

The league table says otherwise 

Oh I see so when we started the 20-21 season with 4 wins out of 4, we were title contenders were we? Or even Champions League contenders? Nonsense.

Amorim would be so bloody exciting. Very sexy option.

Normally I'd think too risky when we have a chance of going down... but by pure chance we have a big fat 4 week gap in the middle of the season where we're likely to have 95% of the squad around to work on the training ground.

If we aren't pushing the boat out, and are waiting for the summer...I think Rodgers would comfortably keep us up and we could get him for free. Just say to Leicester we'll take him...they don't have to sack and pay him off, which they want to but can't afford. Very unsexy option.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Even if Poch has ruled himself out i would hope Wes and Nas are still shouting stuff though his letterbox!

Let's get someone in to keep us up and spk to Poch and co in the summer when we have money to spend, a preseason and time to plan. 

We can't keep lurching from one rushed appointment to the next. A decision made in haste,  its Killing 12 months and a £100m plus and leaving our squad full of mercenaries. 

3 minutes ago, tinker said:

Let's get someone in to keep us up and spk to Poch and co in the summer when we have money to spend, a preseason and time to plan. 

We can't keep lurching from one rushed appointment to the next. A decision made in haste,  its Killing 12 months and a £100m plus and leaving our squad full of mercenaries. 

No guarantees Poch will be available come Summer. Then what?

Amorim would need a lot of patience here..

Are Villa fans prepared to be patient with this coach? 

Similar to Arteta in terms of age and perhaps coaching ability but have contrasting playing styles..

Amorim coming to Villa would be a real long term project..

Edited by Reivax_Villa

Wait until our Nas gets on the blower. 

Nas: Hello.... is that you Mario?

Poch: No,  it's Mauricio. Who's this?

Nas: It's me Mario, the great Nassef. I want to give you job at my club. The best club in the world.

Poch: I no interested.

Nas: But I pay you so much money. 

Poch: I still no interested.

Nas: Thats great news. I send car in the morning for you. 

Poch: I no come.

Nas: Great decision, I see you tomorrow Mario bye. 

See the source image

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Amorim would need a lot of patience here..

Similar to Arteta in terms of age and perhaps coaching ability but have contrasting playing styles..

Amorim coming to Villa would be a real long term project..

Villa fans don’t do patience. We are a massive club. We won the European cup ffs. This bloke better be good, by half time in his first match.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

To the first point, what do you think? Of course no. Are we expecting to qualify for Europe? No but we have to see genuine improvement in performances and results and at least see a vision for what we're trying to achieve. But in modern football, patience doesnt exist. If a manager doesnt get the fans onside in a few months then good luck!

As for the second point, its really annoying that Arteta has become the poster boy for good young managers. It's like when Leicester won the league. Every club started thinking that anything is possible. It isnt. Arteta was an anomaly, not a blueprint. As was Leicester and look at them now.

Amorim  interests me. I mean 3 Portuguese league cups already, that bodes well for us. We are badly due a league cup.  He is inexperienced but I would say the ese portuguese league is of a far higher standard than Scotland and Sporting hadn't won the league for about 20 years before he went there. 

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 2