Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

3 hours ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Gregory  arguably another example. Remember being totally  underwhelmed when he was appointed,  but then nearly got us  into Europe that same season. Mind you, he did know the set up and the club well already

It was thinking about Gregory, which reminded me that continuity can often work out well.

19 minutes ago, maqroll said:

After the glee of last night's good news, today I feel depressed. It seemed like we were poised to finally kick on and maybe challenge for Europe, if not this season, then next.

But here we are, close to the drop zone in late October, no manager, ravaged by injuries and player confidence shattered.

Fans bewildered and alienated. It's the same old story. Round and round we go, a boring joke.

Give the club a chance, Gerrard's only been gone 24 hours.

It's a huge call now, the club got it massively wrong appointing Gerrard and changing tactics on the transfer front. The strategy of the club needs defining, and that comes from the top. For me Purslow and Lange need to go as well for a full reset before we press on again.

• Like 3

Just now, stegzy said:

I think we could potentially be very off putting to many potential suitors due to the fact we have 1 winger. Any manager that favours playing with wingers will be very dubious.

At worst, we have players capable of playing wide.

Most.modern Managers play with " Wide Forwards ".

Even Ollie and JJ are capable

We don't know or understand any aspect of a manager's personality. We only know what we see on our screens of these people under staggering pressure radiating the glare and constant scrutiny of the media. How would any of us come over in such circumstances? Please don't mention money as any kind of factor. We haven't got a clue what these people are really like.

I won't believe it until Poch has officially put it on his social media or said on TV he is out.

Media were convinced nunes was going back to Wolves a week ago, along with the athletic. 

Poch "Villa, no thanks you couldn't convince me"

Eden's ' 12 million a year us 100 mill+ for transfers"

Poch "ohh go on then you've twisted my arm" 

🤣

27 minutes ago, maqroll said:

After the glee of last night's good news, today I feel depressed. It seemed like we were poised to finally kick on and maybe challenge for Europe, if not this season, then next.

But here we are, close to the drop zone in late October, no manager, ravaged by injuries and player confidence shattered.

Fans bewildered and alienated. It's the same old story. Round and round we go, a boring joke.

You shouldn't have switched back into negative mode yet. The confidence cam come back into this squad very quickly. A good manager and coherent tactics will work wonders, and be a huge improvement on the team which includes that midfield monstrosity thar Gerrard inexplicably couldn't move away from.

10 minutes ago, stegzy said:

I think we could potentially be very off putting to many potential suitors due to the fact we have 1 winger. Any manager that favours playing with wingers will be very dubious.

I would say the unbroken 30 year record of damaging every single manager's career is probably the main thing putting people off, along with being deep in a relegation battle. We're not going to get a top manager. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not really. Top level experience important. The question is how good is the Portuguese league? Pretty much a 3 horse race every season so risky as hell.

Well it's one better than a two horse race

To come to a team as big as villa in a relegation battle is a massive task. I would argue its the hardest job in the Premier League atm.

We need someone who has experience of a relegation battle pressure. If we get the next new thing in and they lose the first few games they will wilt under the pressure. 

I suspect the next appointment will not be a glamorous one , it won't be universally popular but hopefully it will be enough to keep us up and get a new manager in the summer to push us on. It would have been nice if Gerrard had enough to keep us up and go I the summer......but he didn't 

13 minutes ago, stegzy said:

Traore is on loan and, of the dozens of kids also on loan, at least one of them must be a winger.

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I would say the unbroken 30 year record of damaging every single manager's career is probably the main thing putting people off, along with being deep in a relegation battle. We're not going to get a top manager. 

Deep in a relegation battle is pushing it. No club is deep into anything in October. We’re one win away from 13-14th.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

The top clubs appoint managers without Prem experience all the time. Guardiola, Klopp, Tuchel, Conte, Mourinho, all were appointed by top clubs in the Prem without having worked in England before. Why can they do it?

They were top high pressure proven managers , we ain't getting one of them , we would get an relatively unproven one.. Seen it all before, it ends in tears 9 times out of 10.