Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

Poch at PSG. Interesting to see how he might play with us. Bit worrying he does the "bomb squad" thing but that aside I would be happy if he gets the job,

Tuchel (trigger warning caution Rio Ferdinand)

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

6 hours ago, jim said:

Ok as it looks like he's turned us down.

We met with Poch last week as I alluded to earlier in the week, he had his full entourage in tow so it looked promising. I only know this through someone who works at the golf club.

I also know someone in the marketing dept but get very little other than the social stuff I mentioned earlier in then week.

24 minutes ago, jim said:

Speculation. 

Hrmmmmm.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Given that we're not getting Poch (wow, surprise surprise) - or anyone of that ilk - I'd take the Vincent Kompany.

Go away please.

Like I've been saying all along, no more f****ing trainees pleeeese!!!

This is not a club ti learn your trade!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

The top clubs appoint managers without Prem experience all the time. Guardiola, Klopp, Tuchel, Conte, Mourinho, all were appointed by top clubs in the Prem without having worked in England before. Why can they do it?

Jose aside who actually won a champions league. The others all managed in one of the big European league. Portuguese league is pretty weak mate.  

Amorim may be a great manager. But success in the Portuguese league only is no barometer to use.

So I’m trying to figure out what Poch/Tuchel turning us down (allegedly) actually means, and for me there are two possibilities: 

1) neither of them fancies themselves as decent coaches up for a challenge with a team not already in the champs league. In which case, are they even worth it? 

2) Our draw isn’t that appealing, in terms of financials involved and ambitions of the club. In which case, what on earth are we playing at? 

Im slightly concerned which avenue we are going to take with this next appointment, and I’m also concerned that we are going to fail to appoint who we really want at this time. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Jose aside who actually won a champions league. The others all managed in one of the big European league. Portuguese league is pretty weak mate.  

Amorim may be a great manager. But success in the Portuguese league only is no barometer to use.

Guardiola had 1 years experience with Barca B in the THIRD TIER of Spanish football before he got the Barca job. 

Just now, duke313 said:

Guardiola had 1 years experience with Barca B in the THIRD TIER of Spanish football before he got the Barca job. 

Indeed and he also took over one of the best squads in history which also had the best player in the world. Not sure of the relevance to managing in the Premier League?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

So I’m trying to figure out what Poch/Tuchel turning us down (allegedly) actually means, and for me there are two possibilities: 

1) neither of them actually fancies themselves as decent coaches up for a challenge with a team not already in the champs league. In which case, are they even worth it? 

2) Our draw isn’t actually that appealing, in terms of financials involved and ambitions of the club. In which case, what on earth are we playing at? 

Im slightly concerned which avenue we are going to take with this next appointment, and I’m also concerned that we are not actually going to get who we really want at this time. 

Do you think Pep or Klopp should be challenging themselves by managing bottom half teams rather than managing CL clubs?

Just now, duke313 said:

Do you think Pep or Klopp should be challenging themselves by managing bottom half teams rather than managing CL clubs?

But they haven’t been sacked from their current clubs… Poch was sacked from his last in a one team league…