Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I think Thomas Frank, fits the DNA of Brentford.....I am not sure, anywhere else he would shine, quite so bright.....but I am an admirer of what he's done.

I think they have a structure, thats unique to them...so not sure, if nicking their managers, really works......I am more convinced, by managers, who have a measure of success, where ever they go, i.e win percentages.

We all want trophies, but winning games is a good barometer to judge a good manager...Taking other criteria in to account, like where ( Leagues) those wins have been made.

However, I do think he morphed Brentford in to a more robust, durable outfit, from what they was.....whether he could do that elswhere, I am unsure.

I think there will be more appetite for Frank after Brentford give us a schooling shortly. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

Putting aside if we're a good fit...Do you think we could get Frank?

Would you leave Brentford for us right now, in his shoes? I wouldn't.

No i would not want to leave Brentford, got it pretty good, he would come here and know within 10 mins into his 1st game that members on Villa Talk would be calling for him to go 🤣

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Mancini!

" Robert Mancini has long advocated for universality in football teams, and he was attempting to apply his beliefs into his Manchester City side, essentially creating a flexible 4-2-3-1/4-3-3/4-2-4/4-5-1 depending on the game's context.

"Defensively, the formation was very standard for modern teams, with a well-coordinated back four and (usually) Nigel De Jong and Gareth Barry in front of them. There was cover for the full backs to press forward and create width, and Gareth Barry plays a fairly English version of a regista, while Nigel De Jong was a traditional midfield destroyer. "

Just did a quick Google on his philosophy, and like what I've read.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

I'm surprised they let Critchley go so quickly with a game just around the corner, but it does suggest they have somebody lined up.

I'd be disappointed if we didn't to be honest, I wouldn't want a situation like at Wolves where they've desperately gone from manager to manager being rebuffed and then settling on the current interim until the end of the year, proper clown car stuff that.

I'm hoping, much like when Gerrard was appointed, it's just a case of leaving it a few days for optics rather than anything else.

I've no idea who that person may be, but they'll need to get the players on board and up to speed quickly as we've a tough run ahead of us.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

The speed and the depth of the cuts and the coldness in the announcements I think tells us something about these sackings. Purslow was patience and warmth in regard to this team and I'm not sure he would have been the one to do it last night rather than this morning. There's a quiet fury behind it that to me suggests Sawiris - I've been in a room with Sawiris and a warm, fuzzy, soft man he is not, I'm sure he's a lovely fella with the family or his friends, but in public he gives professional, cold, ruthless - I think he's cleared this out in a very clear, direct and immediate way - it's been an expression of anger - a message.

I hope we can carry that energy and that ruthlessness into our recruitment, because we need a manager and we need one quickly, I hope the quick and efficient, professional way that we've terminated this coaching group is carried forward into the next appointment.

Every game we limp through with youth team coaches and a cobbled together staff could leave us nearer to falling away - we need a new man in by the Newcastle game at the latest as a priority.

Yeah I got the impression from the media that Sawiris went mental and sacked him on the spot.

Just now, Tommo_b said:

Was Sawiris at the game?

I’ve seen people say he was but not anyone of great reputation. He’s supposed to have stormed out after the red card with Purslow following soon after. 

• Like 1