Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It appears to be playing out exactly as " Lyric " said it would to be fair 🤷🏾‍♂️.

" Media have caught onto the Poch story late, soon you'll start seeing stories that he isn't interested " etc.

Unless the manner of yesterday's defeat have given the board new impetus to try even more aggressively

Anyway, could we possibly fing " The next Pochettino" ?

Mate I believe Lyric tbh.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pacbuddies said:

They hung on to them both too long and wasted almost a ⅓ of a season in the process. We now have to hope for mid table at best for the 2nd season running!

I don't disagree with that.  Although I think it is better than having a habit of changing managers "willy nilly" and having a reputation of not giving any manager enough time / enough of a chance.  But being slightly too slow in sacking managers doesn't mean that I think they have zero confidence that they will try and get the right person / right people.

Just now, Davkaus said:

I think Emery is probably the best candidate we could plausibly get

Ah yeah, you are right. Emery has yet to laugh us off in the media. Sweet hope.

(it's going to be Dyche isn't it?)

• Sad 1

Just now, penguin said:

I think people are giving this “Lyric” bloke far too much credit. 

Poch not wanting the job is hardly a Nostradamus esque prediction. 

He has got other things correct before confirmed, i'm sure someone posted a list in a previous page.

Amorim has done some incredibly impressive stuff so far. In half a season made Braga the most in-form team in Portugal, which got him the Sporting job where he proceeded to win them their first league in two decades. Ironically he's only really starting to get wider acclaim now (presumably because of some good Champions League results) when things have dropped off a bit in the league as they've begun to have players more picked off and have struggled as a result, so it could be a good time for him to move on. Would be an exciting one if Villa managed it.

• Like 1