Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

We have been shit for years.  We haven’t threatened the top 6 for an eternity.  
If Poch or Emery were to come here I would be utterly amazed (but delighted).

They’ll have one look at the table and think they don’t fancy a relegation battle for a start.  We are in a similar position to Newcastle last season and they could only attract Howe who I don’t suppose was the big name they wanted.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, claretman said:

They’ll have one look at the table and think they don’t fancy a relegation battle for a start.  We are in a similar position to Newcastle last season and they could only attract Howe who I don’t suppose was the big name they wanted.  

I think they wanted to dispense Howe by now - but that would alienate the fanbase - keep going Howe. 

8 minutes ago, LockStockVilla said:

I’m certainly on board with Emery. >50% winning percentage at his clubs over the last decade and multiple trophies won. The only manager to hit a 50% winning percentage in the last decade at Villa was Steve Bruce, which tells you all you need to know about the quality of our managers.

image.jpeg.0dccb211d34f3efb07bae45692ac1a43.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, claretman said:

we are 6 points of 8th, let's not overreact.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Most important is that he can get an immediate tune out the players currently here.  We are in trouble (Again)

Yeah, someone who can assess our squad strengths quickly and is tactically aware would be nice for a change.

• Like 1

Not surprised by the Tuchel news and similarly I would be stunned if the Poch idea worked out. I appreciate the ambition but I don't see a world where it happens, as much as Villa can throw money at them that really isn't unique, and many other clubs that are or will be interested in such names can offer a lot more than just that.

I'm so jaded with Villa from this year of Gerrard's tenure that I don't really know who I'd like or what's within the scope of realistic though. Has felt like such an enormous set-back, but at least they can't get any worse.

Any pro looking at our last 10 games can see we have operated without coaching. We are ripe for a coach. Frank would love it here, and he would succeed - as much as I want Poch or Emery. The guy has mixed it with **** all budget and extracts the best of what he is given - exactly what our talented squad needs. 

1 minute ago, Mister_a said:

Yeah, someone who can assess our squad strengths quickly and is tactically aware would be nice for a change.

If those are the criteria, there should be loads of candidates. Fans will want a name though, which is a shame.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

we are 6 points of 8th, let's not overreact.

Can’t be stressed enough - beat Brentford and we are 13th. It’s a very tight league thus far. Very easy to turnaround and they’d be guaranteed a big transfer budget too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wurzel said:

Just watched Brendon Rogers post match interview supporting Steven Gerrard and he can f*ck the right off, Christ on a stick these managers are paid enormous sums of money to get grown men to play a ball game a couple of times a week and win a few games, and when they don't the get the sack and get enormous sums of money to get rid of them. So save me the bloody sob story, Gerrards job was to win games, he didn't because he is shit, and he was sacked. I don't want an apologist for that as our manager.

Makes sense to me, if I was in the relegation zone with another club I'd be looking for Villa to give Gerrard as much time as possible.

1 minute ago, Tumblerseven said:

Some of these names sound super unrealistic.

TBF, although he has been shite lately - Coutinho was not predicted. We can pay the bucks but I don't think money is going to be the problem. 

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Any pro looking at our last 10 games can see we have operated without coaching. We are ripe for a coach. Frank would love it here, and he would succeed - as much as I want Poch or Emery. The guy has mixed it with **** all budget and extracts the best of what he is given - exactly what our talented squad needs. 

Brentford does have a very specific philosophy I feel, one that might suit Frank and obviously appeals to him. Maybe it's just PR bollox and a way to try and stand out, but still. 

• Like 1