Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

8 hours ago, allani said:

Why?  They've made two mangerial appointments so far.  They got one right and one wrong.  So that's a 50% hit rate - which is a long way away from a 0% chance.

They hung on to them both too long and wasted almost a ⅓ of a season in the process. We now have to hope for mid table at best for the 2nd season running!

I’d really like Emery. I like his style and he has great experience and results. Let’s be fair though, I won’t be disappointed with Poch!

I think both of those may be slightly out of reach which is why we’re now seeing names like Frank linked, which are potentially more realistic. 

Of course, we may face similar problems to Wolves who have clearly struggled to get someone in to manage them. Perhaps the managers aren’t out there or don’t want to move yet. We may have to have a temporary manager until after the World Cup. I very much hope not as that break is a superb opportunity for a new manager to work with the squad. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Dyche would just worsen the cloud over Villa. AVB would be bad also

Frank or Rodgers would be good. The top 3 are not getable

Why no AVB? Despite the weird ending at OM he did quite well there utilising two of our current squad. He appears to be tactically astute no?

Just now, Sam3773 said:

I’d really like Emery. I like his style and he has great experience and results. Let’s be fair though, I won’t be disappointed with Poch!

I think both of those may be slightly out of reach which is why we’re now seeing names like Frank linked, which are potentially more realistic. 

Of course, we may face similar problems to Wolves who have clearly struggled to get someone in to manage them. Perhaps the managers aren’t out there or don’t want to move yet. We may have to have a temporary manager until after the World Cup. I very much hope not as that break is a superb opportunity for a new manager to work with the squad. 

Emery would br brilliant. I really like him. Alot of arsenal fans also said they liked him and think they sacked him too quick.

If cant get poch or tuch id be veey happy with emery

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

The top 3 are not getable

Why? Depends what the owners say and offer.

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Dyche would just worsen the cloud over Villa. AVB would be bad also

Agreed

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Frank or Rodgers would be good.

I’m not sure about Frank, and while I like Rodgers he looks like he needs a break.  

Just now, Sam3773 said:

Wolves are probably offering a salary of a Kit Kat and a bag of skips, plus asking managers to almost exclusively rely on mendes signings

• Like 1

One consideration with Frank is the system he works in. It’s the system we attempted to replicate when Dean came across but ripped up for Gerrard. 

We can admire Frank all we want, but he’s not an island and getting him in would, and should mean we go back to our transfer policy of scouting and attracting young talent that can be coached to increase value. 

Frank’s name alone isn’t going to sign us 30 year old ex Liverpool players. 

I’d argue this needs to happen anyway, and questions about the whole set up, including the CEO, need to be asked in order to give the new manager the best environment. 

3 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

One consideration with Frank is the system he works in. It’s the system we attempted to replicate when Dean came across but ripped up for Gerrard. 

We can admire Frank all we want, but he’s not an island and getting him in would, and should mean we go back to our transfer policy of scouting and attracting young talent that can be coached to increase value. 

Frank’s name alone isn’t going to sign us 30 year old ex Liverpool players. 

I’d argue this needs to happen anyway, and questions about the whole set up, including the CEO, need to be asked in order to give the new manager the best environment. 

We aren’t going to be after Frank, the club sacked Dean who Frank is very much like.  The club wanted more so they aren’t going to go backwards to that.