Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

Whoever our new manager is, he will be stuck with the most over rated and over paid squad in thePL. There can be no quick fix. Gerrard has been rubbish but the players have not been much better. Anybody who gets this lot to 40 points is a miracle worker.

2 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

I so vehemently disagree with this.

Fair enough. We will see. The coaching and tactics have been woeful but this team do not work hard, cannot pass the ball, do not show for the ball, do not have any football intelligence, are physically weak and mentally incapable.

A decent coach/tactician will improve matters but not by much. Half of our problems have been caused by our awful transfer dealings. Gerrard absolutely has to go but Lange should follow him through the door. Our squad is unbalanced and over paid. It’s not easy to unwind that sadly.

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Think Critchley is as much to blame tbh… we all know the set up and we’ve been shockingly bad since he joined us. Rather young as caretaker 

Critchley didn't set his team up like this at Blackpool, so I don't think he is the driving force with the present tactics. They were in place well before he came on the scene. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

5 or 6. Three of them are injured currently. 

Martinez, Cash, Mings, Digne, Carlos, Kamara, Luiz, Ramsey, Buendia and Coutinho are the ones, (off the top of my head), I would consider very good players.