Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

5 hours ago, nick76 said:

Stable? Meaning rubbish, meaning less than a ppg not just this season but into last season. I’m not sure I agree we should’ve got more points the way we are playing.  We look like a team around the relegation zone.  Yeah we could’ve picked points some places but the same argument could be said about games like Southampton which was just poor teams and our goal was a rebound off the cross bar, arguably lucky to get three points that game so on balance we are where we deserve to be.  It’s not acceptable and not a “stable” that is good enough.

You just love to argue for the sake of it! Nobody is saying that it’s good enough. In fact I clearly say that it’s not good enough. The job of the board is to minimise the disruption until the best possible appointment can be made. It’s not their job to sack someone just to appease the fans when there’s no suitable following plan. Patience is required otherwise you end up having to go through the process again in a year’s time.

• Like 1

Weirdly I could initially read that without needing to subscribe. Tried again and the paywall is back up.

Nothing that hasn’t been speculated already. Basically there’s not an obvious alternative job on the horizon for him, Juve aside, but the article points out Italian clubs tend to appoint Italian managers (I don’t know how accurate that is).

Floats the idea that he could have the keys to club, not as restrictive as it was at Spurs. General NWSE ambitions etc. 

2 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

You just love to argue for the sake of it! Nobody is saying that it’s good enough. In fact I clearly say that it’s not good enough. The job of the board is to minimise the disruption until the best possible appointment can be made. It’s not their job to sack someone just to appease the fans when there’s no suitable following plan. Patience is required otherwise you end up having to go through the process again in a year’s time.

Yes though you could argue we'd get more points from Fulham and Brentford with a caretaker manager rather than with Gerrard.

I think we'll get 3 out of 6. Could Gerrard not being here lift us to 4 out of 6?  It's a gamble but one i'd personally go for.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Bournemouth and to a lesser extent Burnley last season prove that theory is rubbish

20 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Oh yes, i'd easily pay it.  I'd pay £20m to get him and forsake our next £20m player signing.  

I'd kick Gerrard in the nuts and throw custard pies at his wife to get Poch.

FFS I’m in a meeting custard fkin pies! 😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

It's my birthday today.

Received an email from AVFC telling me to open the attachment to see my present.

It wasn't a Gerrard sacking announcement. 

Devastated.

Tell us what you got though? Was it a pic of Poch in a Villa kit?

9 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Weirdly I could initially read that without needing to subscribe. Tried again and the paywall is back up.

Nothing that hasn’t been speculated already. Basically there’s not an obvious alternative job on the horizon for him, Juve aside, but the article points out Italian clubs tend to appoint Italian managers (I don’t know how accurate that is).

Floats the idea that he could have the keys to club, not as restrictive as it was at Spurs. General NWSE ambitions etc. 

True enough. The top 8 teams last season all have Italian coaches with the exception of Roma who have Jose.

• Thanks 1

I’ve always believed the manager head coach should be Paid more than the players. I’d be happy if they made him joint 3rd highest paid after Klopp and Pep.

As others have said £15m a year will seem like a pittance if he gets us to Europe and then CL in a few seasons. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I’ve always believed the manager head coach should be Paid more than the players. I’d be happy if they made him joint 3rd highest paid after Klopp and Pep.

As others have said £15m a year will seem like a pittance if he gets us to Europe and then CL in a few seasons. 

Plus if he manages to get us into Europe, he’ll have another tick on his CV. And if a Real or Bayern come calling, they’ll have to pay a hefty compensation fee.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Digavilla said:

Still can’t figure why he paid 72m for Pepe… but that did save us fm relegation as he’s was really bad when we played under DS

I don’t think he had much choice in the Pepe signing.

21 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Instead of putting your phone in airplane mode as is commonly suggested, you can just stop the page from fully loading, that works too. Probably what happened in your case, unintentionally.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Plus if he manages to get us into Europe, he’ll have another tick on his CV. And if a Real or Bayern come calling, they’ll have to pay a hefty compensation fee.

However if we can’t get him Gallardo is a similar style of manager who will be the next ‘elite’ manager.