Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The last couple of " Elite Clubs " which had vacancies, never went for Pochettino.

Yet Villa fans, and certain sections of the football world have created some sort of serious legend of Pochettino.

I love the summaries of the likes of Simon Jordan and Darren Bent.

I think the PSG job might have given some people, including the man him sense, an overblown delusion of grandeur.

I always footbote this by saying I do highly rate him, but he certainly isn't the legend people are making him out to be.

Either way, " serious persuasion " usually equals  or is offset by money whichever way you cut it, whether that be a salary, a transfer warchest, or whatever.

Simon Jordan lol

He was highly rated before he went to PSG...which is why he went there in the first place. He's one of the best coaches in the world, period. The transformation he brought at Spurs have only been bettered by the likes of Klopp. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Why does anyone take this guy seriously?  He's in Austin, Texas...  Are we all so desperate for any sort of news that we'll believe any charlatan on Twitter now?  

To be fair, the ones who are normally the biggest bullshitters are telling fans what they want to hear.

If he was doing it for likes, he'd be saying its done etc

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The last couple of " Elite Clubs " which had vacancies, never went for Pochettino.

Yet Villa fans, and certain sections of the football world have created some sort of serious legend of Pochettino.

I love the summaries of the likes of Simon Jordan and Darren Bent.

I think the PSG job might have given some people, including the man him sense, an overblown delusion of grandeur.

I always footbote this by saying I do highly rate him, but he certainly isn't the legend people are making him out to be.

Either way, " serious persuasion " usually equals  or is offset by money whichever way you cut it, whether that be a salary, a transfer warchest, or whatever.

Has been one top club with a vacancy since he left PSG and that was Chelsea. Since he seems to love Tottenham that probably rules him out of that position

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Simon Jordan lol

He was highly rated before he went to PSG...which is why he went there in the first place. He's one of the best coaches in the world, period. The transformation he brought at Spurs have only been bettered by the likes of Klopp. 

Erm.

No one is saying he isn't " highly rated "

But if there weren't Managers more " highly rated " than him, he would have been scooped up for one of the other " Elite jobs " which have become available since he has been out of work.

Is he more highly rated than Carlo Amcelloti for example, who went to Everton?

A combination of overhyping and under rating our own club must be at play.

The same people who talk about ambition also claim everyone is better than us. Lol

Would you have said Galtier and Potter were better than us before they made their moves?

If we are going by this logic, we might as well not bother, and stick to the Dyches and Big Sam's of the world ffs.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Erm.

No one is saying he isn't " highly rated "

But if there weren't Managers more " highly rated " than him, he would have been scooped up for one of the other " Elite jobs " which have become available since he has been out of work.

Is he more highly rated than Carlo Amcelloti for example, who went to Everton?

A combination of overhyping and under rating our own club must be at play.

The same people who talk about ambition also claim everyone is better than us. Lol

Would you have said Galtier and Potter were better than us before they made their moves?

If we are going by this logic, we might as well not bother, and stick to the Dyches and Big Sam's of the world ffs.

I don't know what you're talking about man, if Pochettino is even considering us that is such a boon for our club. If we can pull it off it'd be a massive coup.We are currently 17th in the table. Our current manager was plucked from the SPL. There are levels to this.

There could be a myriad of reasons why he didn't go to certain vacancies, who even knows? Certainly not us. That's no way to judge someone's ability or caliber. He's in the upper echelon of managers, maybe just below the holy trinity of Pepp, Klopp and Ancelotti (and Conte but trilogy sounded cooler).

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

To be fair, the ones who are normally the biggest bullshitters are telling fans what they want to hear.

If he was doing it for likes, he'd be saying its done etc

The biggest fake Villa ITK on Twitter isn't saying that at all...  Villamole, is saying we haven't even started searching for a new manager at this time...  If we did eventually decide to change, McPhee would be our caretaker until they line up Moyes or Rodgers...

21 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Why does anyone take this guy seriously?  He's in Austin, Texas...  Are we all so desperate for any sort of news that we'll believe any charlatan on Twitter now?  

Believe him don’t believe him I don’t give a F…. However this dude has got 4 things correct about us in recent times. 

Also he has said Emery and Frank are possibles - today in Thomas Frank’s interview for their pre-match he mentioned rumours and that he has a contract. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Edited by Sulberto21
Double post in error

35 minutes ago, KMitch said:

The biggest fake Villa ITK on Twitter isn't saying that at all...  Villamole, is saying we haven't even started searching for a new manager at this time...  If we did eventually decide to change, McPhee would be our caretaker until they line up Moyes or Rodgers...

So have the likes of Matt Law,.Sam Wallace, and Percy been duped then?

There is no smoke without fire IMO, murmerings even among the Podcasts indicate this is more a matter of when, not if.

I find it extremely hard.to believe that options, at minimum and shortlists haven't been discussed and/or agents sounded out.

If in the end, the Lyric bloke turns out to be an absolute bulsh*tter, he has done an incredible job of it thus far.

If I'm honest, the notion of Moyes sounds even more daft and far fetched to me than the likes of Emery and Pochettino.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

12 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Speaking of accents I really came to dislike Lambert as manager but it always bothered me when his accent was attacked. Just not cool to mock the way someone talks, there is plenty to criticise on the pitch.

Absolutely. Superficial things are easy to pick on; accents, speech problems, Steve Bruce’s head… but if there are footballing things to criticise then that’s enough. 

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

Has been one top club with a vacancy since he left PSG and that was Chelsea. Since he seems to love Tottenham that probably rules him out of that position

dortmund, ajax, benfica, leverkusen, sevilla, rb leipzig & marseille.

all champions league teams and was not linked with any.

Edited by LondonVillian

1 hour ago, viivvaa66 said:

It is clear that Purslow is backing Gerrard all the way to the Championship.

We are not in the market looking for a new manager.

Pochettino can be as interested in the job as much as he like, but until NSWE sack Purslow, there is no manager vacancy to be filled here.

Your speculating no evidence of this.