Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

58 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Don’t get why the mass love in for The Brodge. His singing record at Leicester is patchy IMO… He does well for a while but think he believes own hype too much which holds him back… 

Here’s the players he’s signed 

James Justin £7mill. Ayoze Perez £30mill. Youri Tielemans £32mill. Dennis Praet £17mill. Timothy Castagne £18mill. Wesley Fofana £31mill. Patson Daka £27mill.  Boubakary Soumare £18mill. Ryan Bertrand free.  Jannik Vestergaard £15mill. 

It doesn't look patchy at all. Justin, Praet, Tielemans, Daka  and Soumare have all been talked about on here, at one time or another, as signings we should have been making. Fofana is being sold for 70m a year or so after he originally signed. Vestegaard is solid enough and reasonable value for that transfer fee as well. Bertrand is the equivalent of us re-signing Ashley Young. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

The point is Poch doesn't need to jump straight into another job. He might wait it out and see how things develop at Chelsea, Liverpool and Man Utd. 

For what it's worth, these rumours of villa meeting poch are from some random bloke on twitter and have no credibility. It's very unlikely he would come to us when he can just wait it out for an elite level job. 

But what if he does such a good job here that he turns us into a club that is “elite”?

spacer.png

Let me dream FFS! 🤣

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

The point is Poch doesn't need to jump straight into another job. He might wait it out and see how things develop at Chelsea, Liverpool and Man Utd. 

For what it's worth, these rumours of villa meeting poch are from some random bloke on twitter and have no credibility. It's very unlikely he would come to us when he can just wait it out for an elite level job. 

Hey, don’t you speak ill of Lyric.

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Just because he wasn't first choice doesn't mean the club won't revisit it if the Ten Hag appointment goes spectacularly wrong. 

Didn't poach him when he was at spurs, persisted with ole while he was at home, took ten hag over him this summer 

Hard to imagine utd haven't spoken to him before, the other clubs maybe, especially Chelsea but waiting for utd again? I know they're obviously still a big club but he'd be mad 

7 hours ago, RicRic said:

Nobody has mentioned the great Thomas Frank are we not a fan of him or is he just forgotten about. Excellent coach btw… very surprised he has gone under the radar with all this talk

Thomas Frank isn't just a good coach, like Potter he is a cog in a functioning machine. There is no way either would come to us for that very reason. While Villa are "more established", our off field design (joined up thinking) is very immature in comparison. Brentford and Brighton are run as businesses first and football clubs second. 

Speaking of projects, Lange's signings don't have any clarity to them. We signed loads of youths players which is great but somewhat contradicted by SG's will to sign "winners" with experience. You'd never see money spunked like that at Brighton or Brentford - even if they had it.

Sky have fouled all football terminology by over using it, but Frank and Potter are parts of projects and it's very very clear. Potter is clearly the better coach of the two though.

Edited by ccfcman
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Chelsea struggling against Southampton. Tuchel is the big 6 manager most likely to get into trouble before the WC. If he looks like being in danger Pochettino will probably set his sights on the Chelsea job.

Tuchel is Gerrard with a much larger budget. Refuses to change his approach no matter how evident it is that he should, and hopes throwing money at the problems will solve them.

20 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Chelsea struggling against Southampton. Tuchel is the big 6 manager most likely to get into trouble before the WC. If he looks like being in danger Pochettino will probably set his sights on the Chelsea job.

Indeed.

Chelsea are not in a good way this season. They will struggle for top 4.

I think Thomas Frank is a good shout tbh. More of a continuation from Smith, and will likely get the dressing room buzzing again.

It’s a shame because I think if we were looking for a replacement in the summer we could cast a much wider net, but I’m not sure we are at all attractive to an elite manager in this state.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

I think Thomas Frank is a good shout tbh. More of a continuation from Smith, and will likely get the dressing room buzzing again.

It’s a shame because I think if we were looking for a replacement in the summer we could cast a much wider net, but I’m not sure we are at all attractive to an elite manager in this state.

Yes and would work well with a sporting director signing players for him.

Absolutely despise the fact that a club like West Ham are out there signing Paqueta and we're here ONCE AGAIN in a state of chaos debating who the next manager should be. FFS get the Scouse clown sacked and get lining up the new boss ASAP Villa.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, trillvillan said:

Quite a few of us have brought up Thomas Franks name - I'd like him here. 

Surely he's a name you'd at the very least bring in for an interview. 

Not for me. It'll be another manager learning on the job.

He's a bit inconsistent too, wouldn't work well with big players with big egos.

• Like 1