Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

19 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I understand Dwight Yorke is posting his CV in the morning. 

About as qualified as the current guy. I do sympathize with him in some capacity. Clowns like Gerrard and Lampard are gifted huge PL jobs based on name alone. Well he was a pretty damn good player too and can't get a sniff.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

He can't coach players. 

He has nowhere to go after Beale left who's been carrying him his entire managerial career. 

Rodgers is the right fit for us. A training ground coach. An excellent one at that.  Pie in the sky stuff from fans talking about Pochettino. Same with Potter. His ceiling is so high now. Tuchel has made a ropey start with Chelsea. If your Potter your thinking those are the kinda jobs he could be linked with. I couldn’t see him taking the Villa job. I just want a no frills manager who will actually work with players and make us better. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Rodgers is the right fit for us. A training ground coach. An excellent one at that.  Pie in the sky stuff from fans talking about Pochettino. Same with Potter. His ceiling is so high now. Tuchel has made a ropey start with Chelsea. If your Potter your thinking those are the kinda jobs he could be linked with. I couldn’t see him taking the Villa job. I just want a no frills manager who will actually work with players and make us better. 

This. Rodgers is the perfect fit for where we are.

Id drive up to villa park to celebrate rodgers arrival if he came like o neill was appointed. He would be a massive coup for us.

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Is Rodgers a bargain at the moment? Rewind 12 months and he was a hot thing. I have always liked him. I fear he may have too much of the dour about him for this job tho.

Rodgers looks like he should take a couple of years off, move to Honduras and teach schoolkids to play ball or something. He’s gone from job to job and looks tired.

But he would obviously be a huge improvement on Gerrard, and unless there are better candidates why not.

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

This. Rodgers is the perfect fit for where we are.

Id drive up to villa park to celebrate rodgers arrival if he came. He would be a massive coup for us.

Exactly. It’s easy to be sidetracked about how things are going for Rodgers at Leicester at the minute. He has an owner who doesn’t seem interested in investing. Has had a summer of weekly murmurings of his best players leaving. FA Cup winner. 2 europa league campaigns. Barely missed out on champions league both times. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Give the next guy some free hits against City and Arsenal. He can't do any worse than 0 points, which is what Gerrard got last season. Who knows, they might surprise us. Remi Garde got a 0-0 draw in his debut against City and we were on a longer run than this.

I think it would be way too quick to replace Gerrard for those games anyway.  I'd sack him tonight and get on the blower to Delaney to be caretaker, then spend a week trying to convince Pochettino this is the club for him.

• Like 1

With hindsight appointing Gerrard was a massive gamble. I am pretty sure any of us could manage Celtic or Rangers and win something.

It's clearly not working and I doubt it ever will. We will lose the next two games but the manner of those defeats will define Gerrard's future.

Put simply we don't do anything well now and that needs to change quickly. It's clear to me that he has lost the dressing room at least in part and they just don't believe in his philosophy and tactical decisions.

We need an experienced PL manager who can get the best out of the players who are currently very short on confidence and self belief.

Poch to me is the obvious choice or perhaps Rodgers who is clearly being shafted at Leicester.

Rodgers is on £10m a year at Leicester according to internet. They'll want a big compensation to release him as well. Unless he is sacked by them I think he's out of our price range.

2 minutes ago, birdistheword said:

Cesare Prandelli I think.

Yes you're correct.

Is he any good, is he still Managing? Last thing I saw is he was Fiorentina Manager.

ITALY MANAGER PRANDELLI REVEALS LONGSTANDING VILLA SUPPORT

Italy manager Prandelli reveals longstanding Villa support

Italy manager Prandelli reveals longstanding Villa support | News | Aston Villa Football Club | AVFC

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Rodgers is on £10m a year at Leicester according to internet. They'll want a big compensation to release him as well. Unless he is sacked by them I think he's out of our price range.

Leicester will let him go. The fans want him out and this way saves them havin to pay him a compensation fee by sacking him.

Everyone is a winner

2 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Gerrard thread is locked!

Gerrard listened to the fans with his ears and the club DM'd limpid and asked the thread be closed because there weren't enough mentions of his success at Rangers or the FA cup final against west ham.

• Haha 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Leicester will let him go. The fans want him out and this way saves them havin to pay him a compensation fee by sacking him.

Everyone is a winner

Apart from us who still have to pay Gerrard £10m-£15m in compo.

Also doubt they will let him go without a fee.