Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

2 minutes ago, His Name Is Death said:

Potter isn’t going to come to us.

That's what I'm thinking too.

He has a very good thing going on at Brighton and if a top 6 club job becomes available he'll be a top candidate. He'll be aware of that.

Edited by Pinebro

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Given the chance he would. He'd earn 5 times the salary and have a far bigger budget. 

I think he'd have a better season at Brighton than at us this year, and have bigger clubs to choose from, he's doing a very impressive job there. His next club makes or breaks him, and I reckon he can do better than us. We should try though

18 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Give me less “pashun” and more tactician please. 

We don't even have 'pashun' under Gerrard more a damp squib of an attitude. Last season seemed to be 'do just enough'. We aren't even doing that this season.

A manager who:-

1. Reinstates the captaincy to Mings 

2. Gives McGinn a place on the bench until he earns a shirt.

3. Plays a system that doesn't involve us hitting crosses to the first man with strikers never known to be good aerially waiting for the perfect cross.

4. Makes tactical tweaks and doesn't glumly sit on the touch line.

5. Gives promising youth a chance, and not just give false promises.

6. Not play favourites irrespective of their form.

7. Plays a system which is the Aston Villa way and had the courage to play that way every game. Still we make tactical tweaks here and there (see potter and Howe)

8. Can use the excellent squad and depth we have and not need to be a chequebook manager every summer.

9. Gets rid of the inept coaching staff we seem to have in place right now.

Christ seems like a big ask but I hope we find it.

7 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I see a clear risk of Purslow leaving it until the World Cup break. That would be after 16 games.

He will want to do so, but ultimately purslow answers to the owners and they call the shots 

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I think he'd have a better season at Brighton than at us this year, and have bigger clubs to choose from, he's doing a very impressive job there. His next club makes or breaks him, and I reckon he can do better than us. We should try though

Despite our problems, we are still one of the most attractive jobs in football. Potter, despite how well he has done, I'm not sure would get a bigger offer than us. None of the top 6 teams would ever appoint him. 

14 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I think we've a better chance of Poch than Potter for the simple reason that one is in a job and thriving and the other needs a new one. 

Don't think Potter come to us mid-season. Between seasons I am sure he would.

He’s probably lost the dressing room. Dougie wasnt happy, we can all see the massive errors he continually makes- the players arent enjoying this football. The fans certainly arent. Purslow needs to show how serious he is now and act before the damage is irreversible.

We have a squad of players that im positively certain will perform to a much higher level with proper direction, and doesnt play that shite Gerrard system that brings the best out of absolutely nobody.

id love Potter but cant see it, Rodgers is alright I suppose, Pochettino possibly- think he’d like to work with our South American contingent. Whoever it is, it cant be Gerrard anymore im sure of that.

Keep hearing  Poch is a pipe dream - the guy ultimately failed at PSG was rejected by Man Utd - has worked wonders at Spurs also Southampton to a degree - why is he all of a sudden some elite manager whose unattainable yet Potters name bandied as a realistic target? 

Edited by thabucks