Pre match thread

roonst83

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If we fail to win tonight  he ahs to be sacked 2nite and a new man in post before sunday

The problem is we have tough games coming up. Not ideal for a new manager. 

Should have happened before these 2 games to build some momentum and confidence. 

• Like 2

I woke up this morning and for a brief second I thought that we would win tonight, after all we are the established Premier side who have the likes of Coutinho and Buendia in our ranks, and then reality sank in. We could win, if the manager changes his instructions and the players go for it, will he? He hasn't so far.

If they have someone lined up I think they will sack him tomorrow, if we lose tonight. If they don't have anyone lined up I think they would give him the Brentford game as well. 

I think that both teams will see this as a 6 pointer. Fulham have home advantage but it isn't a scary place to go. If we play with the same energy we showed against Chelsea we should win. 

Checking Fulhams results so far and they are quite good for a promoted side. One really bad game against Newcastle.

Have some speedy players that can hurt us on the break. Not confident before this one.

Such a horrible time to be supporting Villa. Just can't bring myself to look forward to any game, and even if we win - which I always want us to - there's still the catch 22 of it just delaying the inevitable re: Gerrard. Even if they were negative I'd rather having some kind of emotion going in rather than the complete apathy I do for this game.

• Like 2

Fulham have enjoyed some very mixed results this season and drawing with Liverpool back in August was probably the best of them.

They are an enviable three points better off than Villa and Mitrovic has scored seven of their sixteen goals.

Villa need to start scoring goals and keep it tight at the back, if they are going to get anything from this one.

The quandary for Gerrard is whether to retain his recent cautious approach or attempt to out-score the Cottagers.

Hopefully, Villa's strikers have spent their week practising with a cow's arse and a banjo, and are more able to hit the target.

Villa definitely need not to be at home, to Mr Cock-up.

50 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Such a horrible time to be supporting Villa. Just can't bring myself to look forward to any game, and even if we win - which I always want us to - there's still the catch 22 of it just delaying the inevitable re: Gerrard. Even if they were negative I'd rather having some kind of emotion going in rather than the complete apathy I do for this game.

Slippy G has sucked out all the enthusiasm from us fans, he is disconnected from the fan base 

23 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Mitrovic vs Mings should be entertaining at least. 

I think this is where the game ultimately will be won or lost.

Mitrovic will do his best to get under Ty's skin - So he needs to stay calm, focused and hopefully commanding.

A similar type of performance as to when he faced Haaland would be nice (minus the conceded goal - which to be fair, he wasn't at fault for).

Fulham have scored in every home game this season. Actually they have scored in 9 of 10 matches this season.

Only once have we scored more than one goal in a match this season.

Based on that we shouldn’t realistically hope for more than a draw.