Pre match thread

roonst83

On 17/10/2022 at 07:52, skarroki said:

Martinez

Cash - Bednarek - Chambers - Young

Luiz - Sanson

Bailey - Buendia - Coutinho

Ings

McGinn, Watkins and Mings not on the bench. They shouldn't play so no need to have them sat there. 

Put the crack pipe down

• Haha 1

On 17/10/2022 at 06:52, skarroki said:

Martinez

Cash - Bednarek - Chambers - Young

Luiz - Sanson

Bailey - Buendia - Coutinho

Ings

McGinn, Watkins and Mings not on the bench. They shouldn't play so no need to have them sat there. 

No thanks - countinho should not be playing guys invisible since permanent deal.

…………….and so he remains, for now. Regardless of the final result here, he should go. We’ve seen some false dawns already, most notably last season when we beat Brighton away, Southampton at home comfortably and then Leeds away comfortably but then reverted back to losing three on the bounce. It’s been like this for twelve months now. Zero consistency.

Even six points from this and Brentford at the weekend won’t change my feelings. As a fan base we’re fed up and we all need a lift. Can’t see him changing anything unless Coutinho is back in, which I wouldn’t do personally.

Martinez

Cash             Konsa        Mings           Young

McGinn     Luiz        Ramsey

Bailey                   Ings                     Watkins

Subs: Olsen, Bednarek, Chambers, Nakamba, Sanson, Dendoncker, Coutinho, Buendia, Archer.

Quite honestly, I do care and would never want us to lose just so a manager is sacked because I’m not sure it will be based on this one result anyway. I think we’ll win, just.  1-2 but a horrible game and it won’t be enjoyable in the slightest. UTV

20 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Put the crack pipe down

I'd rather have Nakamba but that's not happening either. 

Sucks picking a team for a game when every week certain players are excluded, certain players have to be picked and we have to stick to one formation 

21 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I'd rather have Nakamba but that's not happening either. 

Sucks picking a team for a game when every week certain players are excluded, certain players have to be picked and we have to stick to one formation 

Personally I think 4-2-3-1 suits our players, and that Sanson has all the gifts needed to play as one of the 2, him and Luiz together would be great at keeping the ball and keeping it moving in the middle.

My reaction was more that never in a million years will Gerrard play that shape with those players. It's a shame but that's probably part of the story as to why most people want him gone and can't see anything more than a shithoused point or a boring away loss from our trip to Craven Cottage...

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, skarroki said:

If I'd put a goalkeeper in would you think we could finish higher up the table?

Haha - it's the Bednarek inclusion that worries me and there's absolutely no creativity Buendia aside.

That said the current system is clearly hopeless so you might make a good case for shaking things up. 

Fulham have had one 0-0 all season (Wolves), aside from that, both teams have scored in each of their other 9 league fixtures - So I think there will be goals in this one.

Both teams should fancy their chances and that might actually work in our favour as we know how clueless we have looked trying to break down opponents with a 'low block'.

I think it's a given Mitrovic will score, but I think we can win IF we cut out the stupid mistakes (probably stating the obvious). 

Stick with the same side but if it ain't working get Emi or Phil on (sharpish).

1-2 or 1-3  Villa 

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

What would be better for the future of Aston Villa?

4-0 Villa or 4-0 Fulham?

4-0 Villa

I'll always back the team and always believe players can improve and therefore managers can too. Gerrard and the staff haven't shown that yet but if we changed shape and approach and played Fulham off the pitch, you'd have to hope we'd carry that forward, even if it's inconsistently at first, into the next games. 

No matter how much Gerrard could improve though he'll have a ceiling and I think we could potentially have the pulling power to get managers who can do better than Gerrard at his best (Poch on my mind)

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

What would be better for the future of Aston Villa?

4-0 Villa or 4-0 Fulham?

I think 4-0 Fulham would have longer term benefits, as it might prompt the sacking of Gerrard.  

However, we can’t guarantee that Gerrard would be sacked with a 4-0 loss, so therefore i have to go with a 4-0 win. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ender4 said:

If we lose 3-0 who goes 18th? Villa and Wolves will have the game points and same goal difference.

Wolves, they are the only team that have scored less than us. The sorting order is points, goal difference, goals scored, points in head to head matches, away goals in head to head matches.

• Like 1

We will go behind early - in the first 15 minutes.

We will respond well and get the equalizer before the half is out.

But it will remain that way even after Gerrard makes 3 separate individual substitutions (each 2 minutes apart) which will see us delightfully balanced in a 4-2-4.

Mings will go down injured with 5 to go but have to stay on to make up numbers, since we've used up our sub window allocation.

We will cling on for the draw.

You heard it here first.