January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

How do you know we weren't?

Because if both parties had said yes, they would be here already. If they said no, we'd be onto options b, c, and d. And if they'd all said no, then we'd not have sold our only other striker. 

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Our top goalscorer 🤔

So we including the failed Gerrard experiment? He scored 3 of 11 under Emery including 2 with a penalty when Watkins was out injured otherwise bit part player and looked crocked vs Stevenage 

3 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Wasn’t in the starting 11

Makes him even more important in that case. Top scorer and not a starter...

25 minutes ago, El Segundo said:

And who is suggesting that is what we should do?  Precisely no-one that I can see.  If the players we want aren't gettable now, then the risk could have been reduced by keeping hold of the likes of Ings, Archer, and Sanson until we were sure we had replacements.  

Archer? Give me a break. He's barely kicked a ball for us. Sanson? We have a glut of mids 

9 minutes ago, El Segundo said:

And who is suggesting that is what we should do?  Precisely no-one that I can see.  If the players we want aren't gettable now, then the risk could have been reduced by keeping hold of the likes of Ings, Archer, and Sanson until we were sure we had replacements.  

What risk would have been reduced? Relegation? Sanson only got mins on pitch due to Dendoncker suspension and McGinn injury. 

Just now, gwi1890 said:

Yes true but it was an opportunity to sell at a decent fee, Like I said I had mixed emotions about it, I’ve said countless that he was the best finisher at the club but it was a move he wanted and Emery was happy for him to go. 

It hasn’t benefited the club football wise if we don’t bring somebody in.  

Watkins only has to get a training ground injury later this week and we are stuffed.  

We have an untried, untested kid who’s new to the country and this level to lead our line that even the manager said wasn’t ready and/or a replacement for Ings.  

Yes good money for Ings but at what cost football wise…guess we’ll only know in hindsight at the end of the season.  

Even if Watkins is fine all season, he has a sketchy finishing record, nevermind lack of options for Emery.  

Against Wolves, Ollie came off and Ings came on and scored, getting us a point and was unlucky not to get an assist for Bailey.  

That extra point might make a difference come end of season, and you extrapolate that it may be a few points difference over the second half of the season.  

That maybe the difference of a few places…one of those places could be 7th….who knows, only in hindsight will we know but i think a poor choice if we don’t get somebody in which is looking less likely.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Because if both parties had said yes, they would be here already. If they said no, we'd be onto options b, c, and d. And if they'd all said no, then we'd not have sold our only other striker. 

When did I say both parties said yes? They obviously haven't. And we either have no option b, c or d or they weren't interested either, otherwise they'd be here too.

Well I'm definitely not happy if we don't sign someone. Our aim should be a push for Europe , with the right signings that's a possibility.

That would make us far more attractive for more signings in the summer rather than accepting mid table mediocrity.

• Like 1