January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

It's already a net positive transfer window. 

Our wage bill is down but we've added players our manager wants. The players who left contributed very few minutes on the pitch so are very little loss. 

Be it January or the summer, we're in a much better place to rebuild how Emery wants it.

(Credit to Lange also, although some posters won't like that).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Our wage bill is down but we've added players our manager wants. The players who left contributed very few minutes on the pitch so are very little loss. 

Be it January or the summer, we're in a much better place to rebuild how Emery wants it.

Not net positive yet when we’ve added a slightly better left back and a young back up kid striker with potential offset by selling our top goalscorer and only clinical finisher along with some fringe players going out.  Whatever you think about Ings to say we are net positive is disrespectful to what he offered us.  We are probably about level on window but we are left short attacking wise now.

still four days left though!

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

Personally I expect us to bring in Dembele as a backup ST as the Ings replacement- albeit a loan or buy don't know or care.  Duran is one for the future- he will likely just play spot minutes.  I also fully expect Guendouzi to eventually arrive now that OM have signed a cheaper replacement.  Bring in those 2 players and stop.  This window will be complete and fantastic.

We will have 4 attackers (we play 2 typically in the 442) OW/LB/MD/JD

Guendouzi (MG) gives Buendia/JJ direct competition at RM/LM and prolly replaces Emi in the lineup (in my opinion).  I would start MG and JJ as the wide mids.  You the have EB/SJM/PC fighting for 2 spots.

MG arriving gives us 9 MF players (assuming MNakamba is still here).  MG can play in the middle too.  

Carlos will be back in 1-2 months.  Villa can hold tight until then with TM/EK/CC until then.  We have Donk and Kamara as emergency CBs if needed.

My hope for the 2nd half of the season:

Emi / Olsen

AY / MC                                    DC / EK                                            TM / CC                             AM / LD

JJ / SJM                                  BK / LD                                             DL / MG / LD                    MG / EB / PC

LB / MD                                             OW / JD

That looks like a pretty solid team to chase after Europe to me.  UTV!                                                                 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Totally agree

13 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Seems like things are happening at last, I am now expecting Guendouzi and Dembele to sign before the window shuts. 

Looks like we are going big again in the summer and back for a few of this windows targets.

Happy days…

What’s happened? 

11 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Not much info, no word of a bid etc.

An exciting link but nothing new in terms of news. Maybe one that will materialise in the next few days…

There wasn't much for Duran either.... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, messi11 said:

There wasn't much for Duran either.... 

Sure but it’s nothing new, no update or anything. Pretty much old news, no new information.

Still want it to happen along with other deals… Kang-in in?

3 hours ago, Steero113 said:

You just know that the bugger will be amazing for them though. 

Everything they touch at present seems to turn to gold. 

They've even managed to make Sean Longstaff look like f**king Zico lately. 

Hahahahaha accurate , i know it just seems to be because they are stupendously rich everyone has stepped up their game to match that, just one of those weird patterns in life.