January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

21 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Who knows. Keeping our options open, I guess.  Could just be the agent making noise to get other clubs interested.  Linked with Deulofeu and Danjuma, it will be one or the other I reckon. 

I think it is the Agent/Club.  They said he was due to be on bench at weekend but because of Villa interest he wasn’t risked.  Sounds BS to me.

Not sure on Deulofeu as while he is certainly talented, injury and age are issues for me. BTW he prefers to play on the left, rather than right. I could see go without a recognised striker with Deulofeu left and Bailey right, with JJ running from deep in the middle, as a shadow striker. That could be extremely  effective.

• Like 1

I believe in Emery but Gerard Delofeu I'm not at all sure about this one, nothing indicates this will be a signing that will propel us , if anything it will just keep us balanced… there are way better options surely… has to be a 25yr old out there with pace and great decisiveness in that final third.

• Like 1

No to mckennie yes to Guendouzi … the way we came out with the signing yesterday could be someone completely off the radar which we know little or nothing about.. alll we see is a ‘ is set to sign’ tweet and thats it 😊

I don’t think any of us knows anything about the chilean league but according to transfermarkt, the chilean league would be of similar value to league 1 in England. 

Osorio seems to be a winger. Has 7 goals in 27 games this season. Decent goal return per minute. No assists though, suggests his more of a goalscorer than assister. Overall I think his stats look alright for the league but don’t see anything that stands out. The most impressive thing right now is his level of development considering his age.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

Just now, paul514 said:

Guilbert has been sold to Strasbourg according to SSN 

And according to avfc official for a undisclosed fee. But Fred has posted on social media that it was by mutual agreement.

• Like 1

I love the approach of targeting/signing young, exciting talents with high potential. Duran, linked to Kang-in and Moleiro and now Osorio.

It’s a more intelligent strategy imo and they will inject some energy/vibrancy into the squad. Improve and maybe stick around, or we make a profit on them in the worst case scenario.

Great options to bring off the bench too and integrate over time. Can make a difference rather than old, slow players who amble around and offer next to nothing…

Future starlets are much more preferable to over the hill and overpaid players. It’s where we’ve gone wrong most recently but I’ve no objection to signing older players so long as we get value and they genuinely upgrade and impact the team… that hasn’t really worked for us so far though.

A few top class talents injected into the team will help us immensely, like a Guendouzi (still young).

Always liked Deulofeu, such a talent but he hasn’t played for a decent side/manager in a while. Maybe he could thrive here…

spacer.png

• Like 2