January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

On 12/01/2023 at 21:41, messi11 said:

I would look at selling Archer, A Ramsey, Davis, Philogene, Barry in the Summer, Could recoup 20-30 Mil there. 

bit premature for me...

I have been watching Villa for a long time.....and have never made my mind up on a young player, until they have played in the first team.....That's the acid test.

I think one of the problems for them, is that since we have come up...we have not been established enough in making ourselves safe.....we have always been scrapping for points, not necessaily a good platform to learn.

young players of the past, in the main, have come in to sides, where the pressure has been modest....it allows them to grow, in to the pace and environment of the game and learn.

Too soon for me.....but Archer & Ramsey, is certainly a surprise, look  good prospects to me.

• Like 2

Just now, RicRic said:

We should try and get him back 

No chance he’d come back at this stage of his career, he would see it as a failure and he wouldn’t do it plus he’d have better offers from other CL clubs.

3 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Linked to winger Luiz Henrique from Real Betis by a tier 4 journalist Ekrem Konur

Posted prior page (page 262), getting late mate 😉

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, nick76 said:

No chance he’d come back at this stage of his career, he would see it as a failure and he wouldn’t do it plus he’d have better offers from other CL clubs.

Hes not just any player to us remember 

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Can't see Merino leaving until the summer, La Real are 3rd in the league so feel he'll want to secure CL for them first.

Guendouzi is more realistic and I think that's more likely in the summer aswell.

I can, but I doubt it would be to us. Liverpool have been linked as well, so I would expect him to be holding out for a move there, like everyone else seems to:rolleyes:. If we have matched what his club want for him and Liverpool haven't, that could be why he would turn us down to try to force a move to them. 

2 hours ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

I do not miss the struggles of then! Reina did a solid job at least for us.

I can see the summer being quite a turnaround, and would like to see us in for a couple of Chelsea’s inevitable sales.

Agreed and 10/10 for his celebrations at West Ham. image.jpeg.c75d8688f4c1c348b858769727f279c7.jpeg

59 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

If Jarrod Bowen was available then I think he is the kind of player we need. He can play as a wide or centre forward, has reasonable pace and is proven at this level. 12 goals and 10 assists in 34 starts last season is a decent return. 

Why would they sell him to us?