January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

5 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Noah Okafor. @Laughable Chimp @paul514 - what do you think? What do the numbers say? The eye test for me shows he’s the perfect forward for us. 

His stats are really up there, annoyingly Salzburg have three who are very similar in Okafor, Junior Adamu (my shout) and the 18 year old Karim Konate. All would be good additions, maybe not for right now though. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Mikel Merino rejected us. Villa was gonna pay his 65 Mil Release Clause. Tier 1 

Please stop quoting the 'tier' of the 'journalist' like you have a clue. 

It's really cringe. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Please stop quoting the 'tier' of the 'journalist' like you have a clue. 

It's really cringe. 

You're tier 4.

5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Are they tier one?

I can't believe we would pay 65m euros for anyone

Yes he's the Ornstein of Spain. Ornstein, Fabrizio all follow and copy him 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Tayls said:

Marketing. It’s gone down hill a bit. Bring in someone fresh to engage with fans a bit more. 

I agree.

Charles_C._Krulak.jpg

Bring him back.

Anyway back on topic, i would like us to sign a winger this window at least.

Striker can wait till the summer i think.

Edited by AshVilla

Kike Marin is very reliable and particularly so with regards to Arsenal transfers, which is why he has the inside dope on Emery's dealings. But even so hard to believe we would bid that much.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, useless said:

Kike Marin is very reliable and particularly so with regards to Arsenal transfers, which is why he has the inside dope on Emery's dealings. But even so hard to believe we would bid that much.

So weve actually bid that much, anyone know much about the player, position etc.?

4 minutes ago, turvontour said:

So weve actually bid that much, anyone know much about the player, position etc.?

Article says " we was prepared to pay the buy out clause" not that we bid 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Mikel Merino rejected us. Villa was gonna pay his 65 Mil Release Clause. Tier 1 

This part of the story makes me immediately think it's bullshit. Just a bitter Spanish outlet bothered by the money of the Premier League.

https://www.elconfidencial.com/deportes/futbol/liga/2023-01-14/calabazas-merino-aston-villa-clausula-real-sociedad_3556769/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=BotoneraWeb

Unlike Unai Emery , coach of the Birmingham club, who did not hesitate to terminate his contract in the middle of the season with Villarreal , after paying a figure close to 6 million for his transfer, plus another 6-7 salary for each one of the five years that he signed, it is evident that Merino has prioritized other aspects that are as important or more important than money , such as how

2 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

This part of the story makes me immediately think it's bullshit. Just a bitter Spanish outlet bothered by the money of the Premier League.

https://www.elconfidencial.com/deportes/futbol/liga/2023-01-14/calabazas-merino-aston-villa-clausula-real-sociedad_3556769/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=BotoneraWeb

Yeah, it’s not so much breaking news about the transfer it’s about bigging up La Liga over the prem.

That and something about pumpkins.

• Like 1

The market is going bonkers right now. We have to be careful not to overpay. £30 million players at best are going for crazy money.

Mykhaylo Mudryk on the last deadline day was close to Brentford for £30 Million. Now going to Chelsea for 100Millon Euros. Gakpo was going to Southampton also for £21 Mil and now has gone to Liverpool for 50+.

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

The market is going bonkers right now. We have to be careful not to overpay. £30 million players at best are going for crazy money.

Mykhaylo Mudryk on the last deadline day was close to Brentford for £30 Million. Now going to Chelsea for 100Millon Euros. Gakpo was going to Southampton also for £21 Mil and now has gone to Liverpool for 50+.

And that's why you don't want to be in the market for strikers in January. 😁

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

Can someone explain the Mudryk thing to me? 

I don’t understand how he can be commanding that kind of fee off 6 performances in CL. I’ve watched the highlights and not seeing him doing anything dramatically special in those games. He looks quick and a handful but 100m is top level money. 

Yes he’s got good stats playing in Ukrainian league but surely that can’t have any bearing on fee like this. 

I am massively confused. 

• Like 1