January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

I see the hangover continues with the lack of optimism!

Prediction, we will be buying players this window, but not £30/40m bracket, we will buy players that mirror Emery’s energy, pressing and technical ability and can be moulded into a team, not a bunch of individuals

• Like 3

On reflection on the Stevenage loss, it was an individual mistake from Dendoncker and then people switched off from the corner and we've a poor goalkeeper who should have saved it. They had 2 shots on target all game and scored them both. 

Mings, McGinn, Martinez - we were missing the leaders in that moment. I also feel as we went with our backup players they were all keen to impress without focus on winning the game a 1-0 would have done that. 

I'm more worried about the injuries to Cash and Augustinson. We need to get Moreno in soon hopefully. We also need a new player in attack. Bailey needs to be coming off the bench for a while

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

On reflection on the Stevenage loss, it was an individual mistake from Dendoncker and then people switched off from the corner and we've a poor goalkeeper who should have saved it. They had 2 shots on target all game and scored them both. 

Mings, McGinn, Martinez - we were missing the leaders in that moment. I also feel as we went with our backup players they were all keen to impress without focus on winning the game a 1-0 would have done that. 

I'm more worried about the injuries to Cash and Augustinson. We need to get Moreno in soon hopefully. We also need a new player in attack. Bailey needs to be coming off the bench for a while

At right back i guess we have chambers and ash young the latter will start against leeds i think.

I think w ecan also recall kesler if needed. Right back is a rea i want looked at in the summer as i think cash needs some real competition there

We absolutely need to bring in players that are able to play the way Emery wants to, and I'm sure we will.

I really can't see Emery agreeing to come in if he was told that he won't be able to make big changes to the squad if required.

The performance yesterday indicates that it probably is required.

• Like 1

Just now, gwi1890 said:

Would anybody take Memphis Depay? Wages would obviously be the stumbling block but he isn’t getting a look in at Barcelona 

If he's not good enough for Barca he's not good for Villa

• Haha 2

We could do well by playing Sanson before we get excited about new players. He was basically the only one who escaped criticism yesterday and showed real desire. I have no idea what has gone wrong there but it seems an irrational conspiracy to waste his talent when we could really do with it.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, thunderball said:

We could do well by playing Sanson before we get excited about new players. He was basically the only one who escaped criticism yesterday and showed real desire. I have no idea what has gone wrong there but it seems an irrational conspiracy to waste his talent when we could really do with it.

The guy's a baller. Comfortable in possession, and finds his man. I think him and Kamara could work well together.

I can see why UE likes Doug, as he looks to play on the front foot, but Sanson, Kamara, and a new attacking mid could be a good combo. 

Edited by HKP90

26 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Would anybody take Memphis Depay? Wages would obviously be the stumbling block but he isn’t getting a look in at Barcelona 

As it stands, yes. We need attacking width desperately.

• Like 1

Just now, HKP90 said:

As it stands, yes. We need attacking width desperately.

Be surprised if Depay would even consider us, he would have inflated expectations of the club he can play for.

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

Be surprised if Depay would even consider us, he would have inflated expectations of the club he can play for.

You are probably right, there.

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

They had one off the bar and 1 disallowed. So 4 chances, 2 went in, 1 was half a yard offside but went in and 1 hit the bar with the keeper just watching. A pretty terrible ratio. A better team scores 5 or 6.