January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

12 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Linked with Mohamed bloody Elneny! excitement ended. End the transfer window now 

lets be real, this is like us getting linked with Ryan Kent & Kamara (not the good one - the Rangers one) every 2 minutes when Gerrard was here.

Just lazy journalism.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

lets be real, this is like us getting linked with Ryan Kent & Kamara (not the good one - the Rangers one) every 2 minutes when Gerrard was here.

Just lazy journalism.

Not saying it’s true. But Emery does like to sign players he’s worked with before. And Elneny is out of contract in summer.

• Like 1

Ryan Ait-Nouri, would have been a good coup for Lange.

The pursuit of the left back berth, does not surprise me, at all.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Not saying it’s true. But Emery does like to sign players he’s worked with before. And Elneny is out of contract in summer.

Many managers do....because there are so many aspects to cover.

Its all part of the experience, these elite managers accumulate.

Me think the Elneny rumours are false, seems everyone is citing the Express as a source for the rumour but when you go to that article they cite the Mirror as the source for the story, but I can't find where the Mirror have said we're interested in the player, and even if they did that wouldn't be the most reliable evidence.

Edited by useless

5 hours ago, nick76 said:

It’s hard to deny he was in the Fig and Olive in Tamworth but the question is why? It’s nowhere near where he comes from or lives but that doesn’t mean it’s anything to do with Villa either. 

The other question is WHEN. Might not have been taken recently. 

• Like 1

Just now, Made In Aston said:

The other question is WHEN. Might not have been taken recently. 

Last night from reports, he was seen there and some place in Lichfield…Le Reve or something like that.

15 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Last night from reports, he was seen there and some place in Lichfield…Le Reve or something like that.

Lichfield is a nice place to visit.....lets hope its just that.

might have been visiting friends, from his days at Leicester or been to the Belfry for Golf.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

might have been visiting friends, from his days at Leicester.

I assume he just played golf at the Belfry and had dinner with his brother and mates afterwards.

• Like 1

I can't see us going for a central midfielder, Kamara and Doug are great, Dendoncker is decent back up, we've got JJ and McGinn for further up plus Iroegbunam and Ramsey Jr to integrate next season as well, plus we haven't got rid of Marv or Sanson yet.  We will get a winger/forward or two, Moreno at left back and maybe a centre half.

15 minutes ago, useless said:

Me think the Elneny rumours are false, seems everyone is citing the Express as a source for the rumour but when you go to that article they cite the Mirror as the source for the story, but I can't find where the Mirror have said we're interested in the player, and even if they did that wouldn't be the most reliable evidence.

Elneny isn't per se a bad player but he seems to have settled nicely into a role at Arsenal where he bench warms each season and then randomly starts 4-5 games every March/April.

We've seen in the past signing players who are at top 6 clubs bench warming is never a good idea as it just takes ages for them to get up to speed and the intensity we want e.g. Sidwell, Drinkwater, Barkley.

And in any case he's not better than Kamara or Luiz (given Arsenal wanted to sign him in August) so perfect example of signing that would cost big chunk in wages and wouldn't improve us in slightest.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

might have been visiting friends, from his days at Leicester.

His brother plays for Chesterfield so guess it might be a neutral meeting spot as it's about an hour down the A38 more or less.

Just find it odd they didn't meet anywhere in Cheshire if it was just a catch up and nothing to do with football transfers.

48 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Maguire??!! WTF?

F*** off Purslow!

Not this kind of shit again!

(hopefully it’s complete and utter BS)

Have you not seen the link and how it's come about?

Its a random photo followed by some betting being reported as news which we of course won't comment on so the journos can run riot with it

Dunno why you'd get angry at the club over it let alone single out purslow like that 😂

• Like 2

who we sign, will define where we go.

I have very mixed feelings on our transfer business to date.

Kamara and Martinez, being the stand out ones....with Carlos yet to see.

I guess McGinn, was a steal....but many teams have done better.

I don't know much about the recruitment side of things, othere than its crucial to success.

I am hoping UE's involvement, shakes it up, and we sign some quality,and Character, in those positions we fill.

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Elneny isn't per se a bad player but he seems to have settled nicely into a role at Arsenal where he bench warms each season and then randomly starts 4-5 games every March/April.

We've seen in the past signing players who are at top 6 clubs bench warming is never a good idea as it just takes ages for them to get up to speed and the intensity we want e.g. Sidwell, Drinkwater, Barkley.

And in any case he's not better than Kamara or Luiz (given Arsenal wanted to sign him in August) so perfect example of signing that would cost big chunk in wages and wouldn't improve us in slightest.

Also he hardly played under Emery so going from bench warming to another bench wouldn't make much sense