January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

28 minutes ago, TRO said:

Not sure any of these rumours are bona fide, but Arnaut Danjuma has got good numbers for a winger.

Has played here, and 25....could be a decent shout.

I don't think that is going to happen.

However, We will soon see, what the managers thoughts really are.....actions speak louder than words.

If no one comes in, he may share your view, if they do, perhaps he doesn't.

I think it is misleading to keep blaming Gerrard for, even if the roof leaks.....He didn't work out granted, but he was only here for a short time.....and some of the players he brought in were good additions, some were not.

I Think despite UE possibly improving the playing outcome( still only 2 league games in).....we still need strengthening.

Danjuma looks like he’s had a pretty terrible start to the league this season though. Only 1 non-penalty goal and 0 assists in 9 games. He was linked to west ham at 40 million this summer. I’d say there’s probably better uses of that money.

have to say, I haven’t been too happy with the players we’ve been linked too so far. They don’t seem to be “smart” deals per se.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

How many teams are going to be in for these Morocco players after this WC? 

Some of them play for pretty mediocre teams, I'd imagine the WC will have raised their profiles somewhat.

I think the Manager of the Morocco team is the real star here. It's probably his profile which should raise the most.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think the Manager of the Morocco team is the real star here. It's probably his profile which should raise the most.

But their players were good, even 2018 we thought they had a chance to compete in the strongest group. They have some good players no doubt, although I agree the manager is the main success.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

How many teams are going to be in for these Morocco players after this WC? 

Some of them play for pretty mediocre teams, I'd imagine the WC will have raised their profiles somewhat.

I imagine very few. A lot of clubs have incredible scouting networks that they will know about all of them to pluck gems before

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Signing players based on world cups is mostly always a very bad idea long term 

I think it can be good, but not necessarily.....if you bought Messi as a result of scouting a World cup, chances are you'd be ok....extreme example I know.

Football is a fickle business, by Nature.

I think the general consensus, that you allude to is.....World cup performances can be misleading....Remember Rodriguez from Columbia.

I hope they are all thinking about this when they eye up our Emi.

Edited by TRO

30 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

But their players were good, even 2018 we thought they had a chance to compete in the strongest group. They have some good players no doubt, although I agree the manager is the main success.

I liked the No 4 .

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Danjuma looks like he’s had a pretty terrible start to the league this season though. Only 1 non-penalty goal and 0 assists in 9 games. He was linked to west ham at 40 million this summer. I’d say there’s probably better uses of that money.

have to say, I haven’t been too happy with the players we’ve been linked too so far. They don’t seem to be “smart” deals per se.

as we get better, the pool shrinks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Tends to be the smart deals that get the fans on forum boards moaning to be honest.

They aren't "fashionable" signings, therefore they are generally mocked immediately. 

Look at the Dendoncker signing for example. Smart signing for the money, generally derided on here when the links appeared. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I imagine very few. A lot of clubs have incredible scouting networks that they will know about all of them to pluck gems before

You can have the best scouting system in the world, but players will always slip through the cracks.

Azzedine Ounahi who plays for Angers is being 'monitored' by Barcelona and is linked €45m move to Leicester. 

I suspect he'll not be the only player in the team to be linked with a transfer off the back of this World Cup.

On 12/12/2022 at 18:24, sne said:

Linked to Terem Moffi, can't say I know anything about him. Has 10 in 14 for Lorient this season.

He's only 6ft 2 thou so no were near tall enough.

Looks Bentekesque in the you tube vids! 😳

11 hours ago, trillvillan said:

Youssouf Fofana would be a coup - if we're going to splash the cash. Him alongside Kamara/Luiz sheeshhhhhhh

I thought he has been very poor when he has played this World Cup which is the only time I have seen him play but he is a huge downgrade on rabiot for France in my view but that’s based of how I see it in this World Cup only.