January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

Could we lure Leroy Sane (Bayern) to villa park you reckon? 🤨 i would pay 50M If needed these are players that bring us to the next level. Then find a david silva-esque type of cm to fill that mcginn position. Remember teams have midfield players to contribute for goals so its not just there main striker they rely on for 20 goals a season , the main hitman will get 17 goals on avg thats if your top 4 and 13 goals if your outside that top 6. What we cant do is gauge players on world cup performances its very deceiving.

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

What are our priorities in terms of position in order to improve? I’d go.

Wide attacker
Forward
Centre back
Right back

Perfecto.

Although tbh, what about LB also?

10 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Could we lure Leroy Sane (Bayern) to villa park you reckon? 🤨 i would pay 50M If needed these are players that bring us to the next level. Then find a david silva-esque type of cm to fill that mcginn position. Remember teams have midfield players to contribute for goals so its not just there main striker they rely on for 20 goals a season , the main hitman will get 17 goals on avg thats if your top 4 and 13 goals if your outside that top 6. What we cant do is gauge players on world cup performances its very deceiving.

Nobody is leaving Bayern Munich that is a regular starter to play for us 

Starters usually only leave Bayern to go Real/Barca

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Perfecto.

Although tbh, what about LB also?

I like Digne but he lacks pace. That’s his main downfall. He’s also on 150k a week so I doubt we can buy someone else without selling him. Nobody is picking him up on those wages. 

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I like Digne but he lacks pace. That’s his main downfall. He’s also on 150k a week so I doubt we can buy someone else without selling him. Nobody is picking him up on those wages. 

Yeah that was my thought, he just isn't that athletic and it really shows, just my opinion though.

I wondered if we should replace him, but as you say, this is his retirement contract, no-one is gonna take that on.....

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Wide attacker
Forward
Centre back
Right back

I think I’d prefer some decent LB/LWB comp instead of RB personally. I know many have said CM isn’t a priority but I’d like us to upgrade here if we can, perhaps bin off Sanson for Kessie and McGinn for someone like Kokcu or Musah

47 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Let’s hope some of the younger Argentina players want to come here and play alongside Dibu now. 

I defo think we should be looking to bring in more Argentinians. Brilliant footballing nation. So much talent. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Let’s hope some of the younger Argentina players want to come here and play alongside Dibu now. 

Ours and his stock will be high, especially if his goalkeeping and shithousery wins them the World Cup 

On 04/12/2022 at 10:39, nick76 said:

I agree and generally I think he’s an excellent player but I’m not judging anybody by these WC games either positively or negatively because we know from decades of watching players at international tournaments that what you see here isn’t always what you then see in club football following it.

I’m just enjoying the tournament and ignoring whether we should or should not be interested in a player because it doesn’t always follow into club football.

I get what you mean and it can indeed turn out that way, but some players deliver on both stages.

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Wide attacker
Forward
Centre back
Right back

I don't know.

New manager, new system. We need more data from the players under his system.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

I get what you mean and it can indeed turn out that way, but some players deliver on both stages.

I agree but some fans are judging some of these players based on seeing them for the first in this tournament.  Yes, though, some players deliver on both stages but I’ll leave that to Emery and the team and just enjoy the tournament as a stand alone thing and won’t judge players I don’t know generally as potential players for us when they might just be shining in the tournament or vice versa.  We agree on your point overall.