The season ticket waiting list

WallisFrizz

5 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Just had an email from the club providing me with my waiting list position. I’ve only moved up 400 places from where I was prior to the renewals…how’s that possible?

They said "the number of season tickets available will approximately correlate to the number of fans invited to purchase."

I assumed they would offer more than what's available and send it to the first x on the list. 

It sounds like they sent 500 out  in the first offering, which suggests that there may well have only been 400 or so available.

Not sure what they did to the other 1000 of the 1500 that didn't renew though? 

maybe they reduced total number available to avoid having to manage the challenges of moving/cancelling so many when north stand gets knocked down. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ender4 said:

How do you know?

Club have been mailing out notifications this week....apparently I'm only 15310 in the queue, so just another 3/4 stadium upgrades to wait.......alternatively, if some of you existing season ticket holders would be good enough to catch something nasty that would also help.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I'm apparently in the top 500 even though I was given a chance to buy one this summer and didn't want to

That probably explains why @WallisFrizzdidn't move up very much. 

You sound like you didnt expect to be that high up.

I can understand there being some reasons beyond control that made this season a terrible one to take up a season ticket (massive price hike), and some footballing reasons why this season might not have looked appealing based on our form at the end of last year.  Not sure those sort of things should mean you stay at the head of the queue (although also going right to the back sounds pretty harsh too).

Similiarly, i can imagine some reasons (like needing three seats next to each other but only two seat blocks being available), where if I lost my place in the queue because of it I'd be mightily aggrieved.

Can't imagine they kept everyone that turned down the option in the queue or they'll never get to the 10,000th person, let alone the 20,000th

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrBlack said:

That probably explains why @WallisFrizzdidn't move up very much. 

You sound like you didnt expect to be that high up.

I can understand there being some reasons beyond control that made this season a terrible one to take up a season ticket (massive price hike), and some footballing reasons why this season might not have looked appealing based on our form at the end of last year.  Not sure those sort of things should mean you stay at the head of the queue (although also going right to the back sounds pretty harsh too).

Similiarly, i can imagine some reasons (like needing three seats next to each other but only two seat blocks being available), where if I lost my place in the queue because of it I'd be mightily aggrieved.

Can't imagine they kept everyone that turned down the option in the queue or they'll never get to the 10,000th person, let alone the 20,000th

Yeah seems bizarre to let people turn down the option to buy a season ticket but then keep their place in the queue.

This summer saw the highest rates of renewal in our history apparently - the rise in prices didn't put a dent in that - I don't know how many it was, but I'm pretty sure it was only three figures.

I've got a feeling that at one of the Supporters meetings they said that people would get one chance to say no and then would be sent to the bottom of the list if they declined the next offer, but I'm not 100% on that.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

This summer saw the highest rates of renewal in our history apparently - the rise in prices didn't put a dent in that - I don't know how many it was, but I'm pretty sure it was only three figures.

I've got a feeling that at one of the Supporters meetings they said that people would get one chance to say no and then would be sent to the bottom of the list if they declined the next offer, but I'm not 100% on that.

By my smack on maths...381 people didn't renew.

Incredible.

Just now, alreadyexists said:

I’m 7000ish now… I reckon that’s at least two years away, maybe more?

Same as me. I thought I’d have moved up to about 5000, clearly not. Will only get one with the stadium upgrade or relegation I reckon. Clearly hoping for the former!

5 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Same as me. I thought I’d have moved up to about 5000, clearly not. Will only get one with the stadium upgrade or relegation I reckon. Clearly hoping for the former!

I edited my post when I thought about it… 7000 will be 4-5 years I think. Yeah the stadium upgrade might help us out.

Probably a silly question, but if the demand is there, why don’t they just release more season tickets and reduce the number of single match tickets? 

Edited by alreadyexists

13 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I edited my post when I thought about it… 7000 will be 4-5 years I think. Yeah the stadium upgrade might help us out.

Probably a silly question, but if the demand is there, why don’t they just release more season tickets and reduce the number of single match tickets? 

Because there would be no growth of the fan base. People who wanted to attend might choose to go to other grounds. There are also long-standing genuine fans that can’t commit to a season ticket due to work/financial/family/distance etc that the club wouldn’t want to isolate. Also I’ve read that the casual fan spends on average more at the ground than the season ticket holder. Probably other reasons but that is what I can think of off the top of my head.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Because there would be no growth of the fan base. People who wanted to attend might choose to go to other grounds. There are also long-standing genuine fans that can’t commit to a season ticket due to work/financial/family/distance etc that the club wouldn’t want to isolate. Also I’ve read that the casual fan spends on average more at the ground than the season ticket holder. Probably other reasons but that is what I can think of off the top of my head.

All very good reasons, thus making my question very silly! Lol 😆 

Â