Jump to content

Graham Potter


messi11
 Share

Recommended Posts

Best British Manager since Sir Alex
What a manager! 

Would be a dream if he was a Villa manager. Brighton playing football like Pep's Barcelona. 

Edited by messi11
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

 

Just a feeling but can see Newcastle throwing millions to get him in the next 12/18 months.

Isn't Howe doing alright with them atm, or do they think they should be above Arsenal already

Edited by Talldarkandransome
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Best British Manager since Sir Alex
What a manager! 

Would be a dream if he was a Villa manager. Brighton playing football like Pep's Barcelona. 

As much as I didnt like Fergie he's miles ahead of any manager anywhere in the world ever. Potter could be on his way to that but he needs to finish the season with BHA, just so everyone can see what he could do. He's done well everywhere he has been and to do it with BHA in the Premier league would cement that

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most people weren't bothered about him last season.

13 points from the first 6 games this season

13 points from the first 6 games last season.

They had a couple of horrible runs last year though. 11 games without a win, and 1 point from 7 games later on in the season. 

I like him though, was my first choice to replace Smith. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Most people weren't bothered about him last season.

13 points from the first 6 games this season

13 points from the first 6 games last season.

They had a couple of horrible runs last year though. 11 games without a win, and 1 point from 7 games later on in the season. 

I like him though, was my first choice to replace Smith. 

A good coach is a good coach, I'd never heard of him before he went to Swansea.

To get "lesser teams" playing good football is all about the coaching, he could possibly make the difference with a team on the edge or it could ruin his reputation. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Isn't hew from Solihull as well?

Anyone knows if he was a Villa fan growing up?

Not sure if that's been discussed on here before already ;)

The quote (only one I think) from him was that he had equal admiration for both Villa and Blues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whats even more impressive about him is that when things go wrong  he can get them out of a bad run and go on a good run without compromising his tactics or beliefs. 

They have a net spend of MINUS £70 million this summer. Their star striker is Danny Wellbeck and they have sold their best 2 players. 

Spending £9 mill on Billy Gilmour and we all know he will be like a £50 mill player in 2 seasons.  

Mental manager

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Whats even more impressive about him is that when things go wrong  he can get them out of a bad run and go on a good run without compromising his tactics or beliefs. 

They have a net spend of MINUS £70 million this summer. Their star striker is Danny Wellbeck and they have sold their best 2 players. 

Spending £9 mill on Billy Gilmour and we all know he will be like a £50 mill player in 2 seasons.  

Mental manager

Kind of shows what a well drilled system looks like.

Everyone, including the backups know their jobs. If there's an injury or sale, the next player steps up and seamlessly steps in.

Always noticed this with well coached international clubs like Sevilla, Villarael, Benfica, Sporting etc. They lose 3/4 of their best players every single summer, but they continue as normal season in, season out. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’d be very wary about the Villa job if my stock was on the up. It very rarely improves after being Villa manager.

Have made this point so many times. We desperately need one manager to leave us for a better gig, to prove to others that we don't have to be a career killer. Who was the last manager who left Villa for a better job? I can think of some who moved arguably kind of sideways (MON, Bruce) but not many to move up the ladder.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
On 04/09/2022 at 17:53, Tom13 said:

Not sure if that's been discussed on here before already ;)

The quote (only one I think) from him was that he had equal admiration for both Villa and Blues.

Is that ever a thing? Maybe he’s just being coy about it to never be associated with or ruled out of either job.

Him actually being a Villa fan might be the only chance we have of hiring him in the near future. Though it’s not a guarantee he would like to take on the dual responsibility of his own career and the club he supports like smith did. Nice when it works out or extra disastrous if it doesn’t.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Is that ever a thing? Maybe he’s just being coy about it to never be associated with or ruled out of either job.

Him actually being a Villa fan might be the only chance we have of hiring him in the near future. Though it’s not a guarantee he would like to take on the dual responsibility of his own career and the club he supports like smith did. Nice when it works out or extra disastrous if it doesn’t.

Well his quotes seemed quite believable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â