Graham Potter

messi11

gotta say, i really dont think it would be a good move for Potter, not because he isnt a good manager, but becuase Chelsea treat their managers like Pokemon, but then sack their Pokemon reguarly.

I think this moves not going to work out for him. I think its a bad choice for him. Potter seems more a development coach managing superstars like he has is a huge gamble.

The chelses board are goung to expect immediate success. I dont understand how you sack a winner like tuchel and (as impressive as he seems) replace him with someone that hanst really won anything major

Gonna  end in tears i think and potters stock might take a hit

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think this moves not going to work out for him. I think its a bad choice for him. Potter seems more a development coach managing superstars like he has is a huge gamble.

The chelses board are goung to expect immediate success. I dont understand how you sack a winner like tuchel and (as impressive as he seems) replace him with someone that hanst really won anything major

Gonna  end in tears i think and potters stock might take a hit

Disagree with some of this if he fails it will be due to outside factors not his football philosophy.

When he gets sacked clubs that have a long term plan will be all over him.  

Chelsea are a win now team they won't afford him the time to do his thing.

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont understand how you sack a winner like tuchel and (as impressive as he seems) replace him with someone that hanst really won anything major

Not a fan of this mentality at all.

Everybody cries about lack of English managers at the top of the game and when one is given a chance we get takes like this.

What was Potter meant to win at Brighton exactly? The prem?

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Everybody cries about lack of English managers at the top of the game and when one is given a chance we get takes like this.

I have been very sceptical of English managers, in part because they often seem to all have a distinct ceiling, most of them never managing to reach success with bigger clubs. 

I think Potter is a potential outlier here though. Most issues with English coaches I think stems primarily from how England trains coaches (as opposed to Germany for example) and the fact that fee seem to go abroad for experience in other leagues. 

It will be very interesting to see if Potter can break the stereotypical view I have of English coaches. 

1 hour ago, Rino8 said:

His stats aren’t great - I know it doesn’t tell the full picture - at Brighton in the PL he only has a PPM of 1.22. Far more losses and draws than wins(34, 43, 42).