Graham Potter

messi11

5 hours ago, villa89 said:

At the time dean smith was sacked I believe TrentVilla suggested him as our best option for a replacement. He was rounded on by the masses as I recall. Turns out he was 100% right. 

congrats @TrentVilla You're replacing Lange

5 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Is Trent okay, haven’t seen him for awhile? 

Good call on Potter.

I assumed he has not bothered posting on here as he knew the way things would go under slippy G as he was a bad appointment. Something I too agreed with at the time he was hired. He might come back if we get someone competent. I just have nothing better to do than post on here 😀

• Haha 1

Just now, His Name Is Death said:

Really hope he doesn't. It'd just be grim (and another indictment of this league) if Brighton lose him now.

I cannot see him going there. No DoF equals no Potter. . Potter likes to build  not takeover all of these jigsaw pieces and try to arrange them.

48 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Apparently he's got a 16m buyout clause in the deal, Brighton are such an incredibly smart club at doing business with others.

We paid what 2m to get Gerrard from Rangers.

But it might cost £20m to get rid of him 

Massive shame. Chelsea been given permission to speak to Potter by Brighton. 

This is how it is.  Even a manager like him cannot turn down the size of the club and opportunity. 

No director of football. They buy players out of an Argos catalogue.  

And still he will go. Was hoping he would turn them down. 

14 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Amazingly some people didn’t think he would be good enough for Villa as it would take time to implement his system… 🤣

In fairness he's played 3atb for quite a few years at Brighton. What Chelsea have been playing since Tuchel came in.

If they went 4-3-3 they'll probably have to drop Koulibaly which isn't a great look when you've just dropped about 60m on him.

He'll also know how to get the best out of Cucurella who's looked unconvincing so far.

More I think about it more I'd be amazed if he turns Chelsea down.

Edited by VillaChris

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

He'd be way more crazy to turn Chelsea down.

Those kind of jobs don't come along in a managers career very often. 

Oh I get that but it’s a complete basket case of a club - he could easily be sacked within 6 months if they don’t get the results they want. It’s a toxicity he could avoid - not like he hasn’t turned down big offers before. We shall see. 

4 minutes ago, messi11 said:

He elite now. Shame we didnt get him. 
Cant beleive people wanted Rodgers, Poch over him. Laughable 

Give him 18 months and he will be sacked like every other Chelsea manager and then he can come here.............if we still want him

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Why will they? 

Because they do it with players. You'd never have guessed with how they've played so far they've lost Bissouma and Cucerella in summer, two of their best players but there are always in background ready to step up like Moise Caciedo.

In fairness we had a succession plan in place sacking DS....it was just the wrong call until Gerrard proves otherwise but nearly a year on we're all still waiting.

Smart move from Chelsea though, stops Brighton becoming a serious top 6 threat to them now.

• Thanks 1