Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

They'll probably play better if they're already relegated. Often happens that way once the worst has happened. 

It’s just a weight off their shoulders, weight off their shouuuuulders.

18 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Today was only the second time Brentford have lost at home all season so they are still a very tough team to beat and when they lose it's by a goal so will be a tight match.

Fulham should be a comfortable win for us as their season ended when Man. United knocked them out of FA cup and the ensuring fallout with Mitrovic's push on the ref.

They also had a goal disallowed and Toney missed a penalty. 

28 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Who knows!  We could beat Liverpool and Man U but lose to Brentford and Fulham knowing us 😂 it’s just nice going into games knowing there is a chance we’ll take three points.

Emery has exorcised those demons.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

They also had a goal disallowed and Toney missed a penalty. 

Toney’s missed pen was a shocker of a hit too. He almost scored from a corner though. Newcastle are vulnerable from set pieces and to pace. 

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Toney’s missed pen was a shocker of a hit too. He almost scored from a corner though. Newcastle are vulnerable from set pieces and to pace. 

Pity we’re crap at set pieces 🤣

3 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Massive, Liverpool have a fairly straight forward run in which isn’t great for us. 

Don’t think anything is straight forward for Liverpool at the moment, they look a bit of a state. 

2 minutes ago, Rich_H said:

Don’t think anything is straight forward for Liverpool at the moment, they look a bit of a state. 

Also, if they can’t get forth I’m not sure they want Europa Conference. They might just give up. Klopp will leave at the end of the season I think.

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Also, if they can’t get forth I’m not sure they want Europa Conference. They might just give up. Klopp will leave at the end of the season I think.

Yeah think he looks downtrodden and aged about 10 years this season; won’t be surprised to see a parting by mutual consent for someone new to oversee the rebuild 

Edited by Rich_H

Slightly OTT but not making UCL will really be a big blow for the likes of Spurs, Liverpool and Chelsea.  At least for the former two would completely change the way they operate and approach the transfer market.  

Edited by nepal_villan
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Slightly OTT but not making UCL will really be a big blow for the likes of Spurs, Liverpool and Chelsea.  At least for the former two would completely change the way the operate and approach the transfer market.  

I thought they were changing it so these clubs get a pity place because of their history in the competition.

The whole thing is just a joke at this point.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

I thought they were changing it so these clubs get a pity place because of their history in the competition.

The whole thing is just a joke at this point.

Don’t think that comes into effect until 24/25. Extra two spots based on coefficient. Think I read that an English team would have received a spot only 4 of last 10 season. So it’s not guaranteed.