Weekends Football 2/4 September

andykeenan

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Nunez was a poor signing, he needed another season to develop and show he isnt a one season wonder

Really early to say this even if I agree he should have stayed put.

He looked good against Fulham 

1 minute ago, Rino8 said:

Really early to say this even if I agree he should have stayed put.

He looked good against Fulham 

I think he has a lot of effort/enthusiasm who fans love and he can be an impact sub but you want more for 80 million. Reminds me of when Mitrovic joined Newcastle

His replacement at Benfica has hit form already

32 minutes ago, sne said:

Special thanks to Klopp for subbing TAA just before the 60 min mark so he didn't get any bonus points for the clean sheet in the fantasy. Camel looking bell end.

Bollocks, he’s done me with that too. 4 points lost.

31 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Nunez was a poor signing, he needed another season to develop and show he isnt a one season wonder

Just like Lukaku to chelsea it shows you there aren't any good strikers out there. Liverpool had to buy a striker and he was the best available prospect. 

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

Just like Lukaku to chelsea it shows you there aren't any good strikers out there. Liverpool had to buy a striker and he was the best available prospect. 

Juve did well to take him from fiorentina in January, PL clubs would have been all over him in the summer 

31 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

There's hardly any top proper out and out strikers around at the moment, Nunez is an indication of that 

Not in great form currently but someone like Bowen would be a better fit for Liverpool's style than Nunez imo, would make it a more fluid front 3 than what they've currently got.

Would West Ham demand more for him than Benfica did for Nunez? And he's mid 20s so similar age range.

Mane a massively underrated player last few years, all round better than Salah imo.

Diaz has repalced mane, Nunez should be the end of firmino

They still have a great attack and team, the squad looks like its not got enough players in their mid 20s prime

Theyll be perfectly fine this year... They just won't be in the 80+ point range with city, they spent 3 or 4 years up there? It's good going even if they do only have 1 league to show for it, can see them doing well in the cups again still 

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Not in great form currently but someone like Bowen would be a better fit for Liverpool's style than Nunez imo, would make it a more fluid front 3 than what they've currently got.

Would West Ham demand more for him than Benfica did for Nunez? And he's mid 20s so similar age range.

Mane a massively underrated player last few years, all round better than Salah imo.

Bowen has lost his spark too though, hard to recover it sometimes.

VAR doing everything in its power to rule out a stonewall penalty for Forest.  VAR review for 5 minutes checking everything from offsite to multiple angles on the obvious handball, to calling the ref over to review again on the monitor...  Fishy as fook...

Edited by KMitch
  • Like 1

Â