Leander Dendoncker

HalfTimePost

49 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

By your post I think you don't understand my point, you need squad players and they will never be as good as your first eleven.

Dendonker starts in some PL teams 

I don't think you understand mine. He does not fit our style of play whatsoever. They might still be shite but I think Pau or Chambers in midfield would be a very slight improvement given the way we play. Dendoncker is a solid midfield option for many Premier League teams. For us he is not.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Limited and targeted in the second half by the United press. To see out the last 20 minutes? Sure. 

To play away against United. Would rather have mcginn and take other chances up top. 

It really does make you wonder why he didn't try McGinn in the middle again and opt for Diaby up front/out wide. Especially early in that 2nd half when it was plain to see we were struggling.

It's crazy how slow he is. Relatively speaking of course, I'm sure he could smoke me. But in PL football he looks like he's moving in molasses. His body won't let him do anything more expansive than a 10 yard pass, usually sideways. Every time he moves the ball on its like he's playing hot potato and he gets it off at the very last moment possible.

Nice goal, but he's about as mobile as that tanker that got stuck in the Suez Canal, with an even bigger turning circle. As others have said, fine to bring on to see out the last ten mins of a game, but as a starter, not remotely good enough.

We kept him on as I think we probably expected them to throw McTominay on early second half and just go direct but didn't happen.

He was o.k. Donk is easy target but he scored and his passing and general decision making was no worse than what Luiz produced.

22 minutes ago, AV82 said:

I don't think you understand mine. He does not fit our style of play whatsoever. They might still be shite but I think Pau or Chambers in midfield would be a very slight improvement given the way we play. Dendoncker is a solid midfield option for many Premier League teams. For us he is not.

Sorry mate, did you actually mean Chambers 🤣 that's laughable 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Sorry mate, did you actually mean Chambers 🤣 that's laughable 

😂 He's slightly more mobile and a better passer than Dendoncker. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying he should start, they both need selling, but it genuinely wouldn't surprise me if he was marginally better than Dendoncker in that position.

30 minutes ago, AV82 said:

I agree. Chambers is shit but he would at least get around the pitch. 

Just now, AV82 said:

😂 He's slightly more mobile and a better passer than Dendoncker. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying he should start, they both need selling, but it genuinely wouldn't surprise me if he was marginally better than Dendoncker in that position.

Ok I still disagree, but I'll let you have that as you have articulated yourself well. I love good articulation 😁

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Ok I still disagree, but I'll let you have that as you have articulated yourself well. I love good articulation 😁

Thanks. Anyway, I digress, I think it's fair to say that Dendoncker needs to go to a team that will play to his strengths and we urgently need a replacement better suited to our style of play.

Edited by AV82

Â