Pre-match thread

Wainy316

Just now, Jas10 said:

I don’t see us as an aggressive, tenacious, high pressing team anymore. We were excellent at it at times under Deano (especially against the top sides) but, for the most part, we’ve been very stand offish and cautious under SG… hope it’s a different story today, we need energy and tempo…

You need to start with a high tempo to get fans onside. Pulis Stoke would kick off at home and aim a long punt out for a throw in because it made the opponent nervous with Delaps long throw available if made a mistake near the line. This would get the fans pumped up

We should be high pressing from the start with some tempo and not the current boring football we are trying

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Come on lads it’s match day. Let’s have a bit of positivity at least until 4pm. 

You will notice at the start of the game the fans will be thoroughly behind the team in the stadium.

If the team gives them something they'll stay that way as well.

1 hour ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Just about to lo leave home for VP. call in and see my daughter and grand kids, then off to my lads, see other grandkids. Then me , lad and grand daughter off to VP. Got my colours on full of hope. I will chant and cheer to start with, then its up to the players and manager to keep me in high spirits and keep me singing and clapping. By the time I get home I will have been out around 10 hours. I will have spent around £80 with petrol , tickets food, parking etc

I will not be happy clapping unless given something in return 

This one has cost me £400 with flights and slept on the floor in my mom and dads old house before it gets sold next month.

The things we do eh? It’s worth it to me regardless as I don’t get to many these days. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m going to lay off, until the match is over at least. My opinion is unchanged but I can’t really continually bear the misery and frustration of us playing like crap and being beaten… it’s not something I ever look forward to…

Sorry if I’ve offended or upset anyone with my prior comments but I needed a release, an avenue to vent my frustrations… to clear the mind 😆

Sometimes, emotions can get the better of us but sometimes we have a point too…

I want to try and be positive and to try and have some hope… I don’t know where it’s come from, but I have this feeling that we may actually turn up and put in a performance today… maybe it’s blind faith, a fool’s hope, or maybe it’s just because I hate seeing this team lose and play poorly…

It’s a massive game…I’d much rather see us win and see the turnaround rather than get beaten and deal with all the crap that comes with that… it can be draining and exhausting…

I just want to see the Villa do well, anything holding us back from that is always going to receive criticism and ire though…

Come on, don’t let us down today…

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m trying! I think I’m failing…I know I’m incredibly nervous, anxious and feel a little unwell getting ready before I leave for the game in an hour or two.  My positivity is coming from thinking at some point even if bad coaching, a couple of our players must surely soon have stormer of a game.  

We know, although we haven’t seen it lately, that if Coutinho has a stormer he could win/turn a game on his own.  West Ham have started poorly as well so something to hold onto.  

I know there are more negatives than positives but I’m trying to hold onto the positives this morning.

Also a win today will keep our 100% home record this season…

Ok that’s all the positivity I have…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, daft said:

I know VillaTalk. I've been here for nigh on 20 years. We don't do positivity. 😅

Not true 2019-2021 was mainly positive in here. The crash in enthusiasm has been since 2022 started

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

You will notice at the start of the game the fans will be thoroughly behind the team in the stadium.

If the team gives them something they'll stay that way as well.

There lies the problem .  They don’t at home , we initially offer some support but as soon as a stray pass or the opposing team score VEP can quickly turn  toxic . 
There was a time VP crowd stood behind the team and was the 12th man , these days are long gone but social media forums create negativity and this in turn manifest it self in the VP atmosphere. Supporting your team match day means supporting positively, or maybe I’m to old . 
Away days are the exception I would say . 
im not reading anymore VT before the game as I won’t go or will turn into a half pint empty fan constantly moaning about everything from SG haircut to the Balti pies being to hot ! 
villa 3-1 

VTID 

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Not true 2019-2021 was mainly positive in here. The crash in enthusiasm has been since 2022 started

Of course we've had periods of positivity, but this is mainly a fanbase of worry, anguish, fear and kneejerk where negativity festers very quickly as winds looks to change. 

Weak-spined and ruled by fear. At least online here. It's always been. Might be different IRL.

Edited by daft

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

To be fair we haven’t had much to be positive about in those years 😉😂

It's a mindset tbh  You can be positive even if life is shit. Doesn't mean you like what is happening or agree with something. 

We each chose how and what to convey.

3 minutes ago, daft said:

It's a mindset tbh  You can be positive even if life is shit. Doesn't mean you like what is happening or agree with something. 

No that’s being called delusional 

Edited by nick76