Straw Poll: Gerrard In or Out?

Marka Ragnos

Straw Poll: Gerrard In or Out?  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Straw Poll (Aug. 2022): Gerrard In or Out?

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This would probably be more realistic to gauge say in another 5 - 10 games.

I know, I know -- don't disagree. I guess I was curious to see even now what kind of goodwill or support he possesses at this very early stage?

• Like 2

In.  But will revise as the games go on.
I care about Europe this season. Not next season. This season. We are re-established premier league side, with very good players in depth, great facilities and fan base.
The owners have invested, the manager has had a pre season and his signings. The club has set the expectation of Europe and I am accepting that.

Players have had to accept that we have improved and some of them are not upto the level the club wants to be at. That applies to managers and the coaching staff as well.

So IN for sure, I love what he has done so far and the players brought in. But its all about results. I am treating these first 5 games in the same way I would the last 5 games if we were in relegation trouble. Critical. We need wins not excuses. If we dont get wins on the board early then we cant get Europe. So now matters a lot. For that reason I have no problem with people holding Gerrard to a high standard this early in the season, thats what winning clubs do.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

This is a hard one to answer, I don’t think he should be sacked this minute but if the right manager came along and willing to join us it would be a no brainer for me.  

If I had a gun to my head this moment I don’t think on the pitch he’s done enough to show any glimpses for the future of us improving.  He’s not getting enough out of this squad during his tenure and we have no cohesion on that pitch.  So if it was a decision I’d have to make now I’d say leave and will vote that way.

Given I don’t have a gun to my head he gets more time but my patience would wear thin after 5-10 games if more of the same which I expect it to be.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

If we dont get wins on the board early then we cant get Europe. So now

You really think we can get Europe? I’m thinking it’s going to be a hell of a challenge to get top half and I’m not confident.  Europe is a distant dream for me, think I have more chance of winning the lottery than us getting a European place.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair our last result was a win and it's still pretty grim.

Close to 20 years on here and it's always been that way, more or less. 

We're a bunch of miserable words removed. 😅

We'd be so confused if we turned into the next Man City.

I just don't see what it is that he's trying to get us to do

Didn't watch rangers so I haven't got a clue what his set up is and how he made them successful 

And I don't believe that he hasn't got the players to do what he wants, this isn't a square pegs in round holes problem, it's a no shape or identity problem 

I don't get him, how do Aston Villa set up and play football? What's our identity? And I don't know how long we persist with him to find out 

• Like 1