Straw Poll: Gerrard In or Out?

Marka Ragnos

Straw Poll: Gerrard In or Out?  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Straw Poll (Aug. 2022): Gerrard In or Out?

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Like?

1) In

2) Out

3) Shake it all about

😂

Ha, well ‘In’ suggests he’s the right man to take us to the next level. Until we see some progress and cohesion, it’s clocks ticking. He knows this himself though to be fair.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I just don't see what it is that he's trying to get us to do

Didn't watch rangers so I haven't got a clue what his set up is and how he made them successful 

And I don't believe that he hasn't got the players to do what he wants, this isn't a square pegs in round holes problem, it's a no shape or identity problem 

I don't get him, how do Aston Villa set up and play football? What's our identity? And I don't know how long we persist with him to find out 

I see this a lot, but I don't really see it. I think it's quite clear that he's at least trying to get us to play posseion based football with some verticality.

We didn't implement the verticality part very well GW 1, but it looked better GW2, and 3 will be a test.

I think we'll warn to the how"s as the season goes on. 

Hopefully we can get a player or two in as well to cover some holes in the squad. 

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Perhaps the " minority " on the board is louder then?

Still not a good look when a third want him out after the second game.  You can feel that the number of ‘Outs’ have grown more over recent weeks.  If things don’t get better that % will just grow.

• Like 1

Just now, daft said:

I see this a lot, but I don't really see it. I think it's quite clear that he's at least trying to get us to play posseion based football with some verticality.

We didn't implement the verticality part very well GW 1, but it looked better GW2, and 3 will be a test.

I think we'll warn to the how"s as the season goes on. 

Hopefully we can get a player or two in as well to cover some holes in the squad. 

Steve Bruce did the same, 10 passes along the back four before hoofing it long 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

Ha, well ‘In’ suggests he’s the right man to take us to the next level. Until we see some progress and cohesion, it’s clocks ticking. He knows this himself though to be fair.

Just wanted to get the Hokey Cokey line into the thread 😉😂

Out.

We should be doing better than we have been doing with the players we have.

If were sticking with him the club either need to get the chequebook out again and bring in proven quality or get rid because he's not going to achieve anything otherwise.

The question you have to ask is what could someone who is more tactically switched on do with the same team?

Given our next 5 fixtures are Palace/West Ham/Arsenal/City/Leicester and Gerrard's poor record against teams in the top half i don't think he's going to do much to change my mind.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Cant just put this poll up after a win against Everton. This is some Boris Johnson move. 

Even still, the Gerrard Out contingent is growing...  Last season there were only 3-4 of us very vocal posters questioning his ability around February.  Now it's looking like 1/3rd of the forum is starting to want him out.  I don't think Smith had this many questioning his managerial chops even after 3 or 4 losses in a row last season, let alone after a win.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Given our next 5 fixtures are Palace/West Ham/Arsenal/City/Leicester and Gerrard's poor record against teams in the top half i don't think he's going to do much to change my mind.

He needs to get 9 points from the next 5 games to retain my support.  

Or at least 7 but with us playing fantastic tactical football.