Train strike

chappy

5 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Helpful.. plan your journeys in advance. So what if you plan to drive instead, but every car park you could reasonably use is full? Or every road is congested to the point your bus runs late and you miss kick off.

Looks like they are expecting all 40k to make it to the ground by their own means. Buses will be overloaded, roads will be overloaded, car parks will be overloaded. I see no other outcome aside from a significant number missing kick off.

The really should be offering a shuttle service.

Yeah that is my point. Good they've replied swiftly (it certainly makes sense to have someone in media department to monitor the fourms as this is something they can certainly respond to rather than team affairs) but bit bizarre it's just a case of up to you how to get to the ground.

Surely if they say park at the Fort, Star City and perhaps One Stop and buy some buses off the council they could arrange park and ride from 11am to the ground. This used to happen years back under Lerner when you saw buses parked on Witton lane that picked fans up from Tamworth, Redditch etc.

Imagine if there's rail strikes when we have 52k up and running, some fans will still probably be stuck in car parks when the next home match comes around!

Edit: Early kick off dosen't help either. I could understand more if it was 3pm as that does give more time for local Midlands based fans to arrive well in advance.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Helpful.. plan your journeys in advance. So what if you plan to drive instead, but every car park you could reasonably use is full? Or every road is congested to the point your bus runs late and you miss kick off.

Looks like they are expecting all 40k to make it to the ground by their own means. Buses will be overloaded, roads will be overloaded, car parks will be overloaded. I see no other outcome aside from a significant number missing kick off.

The really should be offering a shuttle service.

Booked a car park space myself as soon as I heard about the strike. Smug mode.

Edited by The Fun Factory

21 minutes ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

Genuine question - what time would you recommend getting there if you drive? I’m actually feeling a bit stressed about this now and feel like I’m gonna need to leave at 3am 😂

im a 30 min drive away and will probably leave 1030 ish just to be sure....not sure what the state of the M6 is going to be like but i will probably get dropped off close to the ground as possible on way in, if there is too much traffic i will ask to be dropped off at star city and then walk there and go back there after to be picked up. the bit at aston expressway and near the roundabout is where it gets busy so you want to arrive before that if you want to drive past there or park somewhere before there lol....i usually get the train so its annoying to have to do this

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

Genuine question - what time would you recommend getting there if you drive? I’m actually feeling a bit stressed about this now and feel like I’m gonna need to leave at 3am 😂

I would say aim to get to a parking spot 2 hours before kick-off.  Though that depends how far you are driving from and how close to the ground you plan to park.

When I drive there, I would normally get to my parking spot 1 hour before the match… but that’s with normal level of cars and parking.

Edited by ender4
  • Like 1

I just thought in my head it will just be like Boxing Day but reading this thread has made me realise it’s not that simple. It’s a normal Saturday, not a day that’s a National holiday.  Then on top of that it’s going to be around 29 degrees. 

It’s going to be carnage isn’t it? 😞 

I might put my ticket up for sale. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

If you park at Star City then maybe aim to get there for 11, or before 11:30. There’s the indoor multi storey bit as well so don’t panic if you get there and the outdoor car park looks full. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Amed said:

Can’t go to the game now - got 3 tickets. Anyone know how I can sell these legitimately or get a refund? 

probably too late unless you're a season ticket holder

2 minutes ago, Amed said:

😂 it was that easy. For some reason assumed would be a nightmare so close to kick off. 

That’s good. You have until the day before mate to refund tickets.  Only problem is I’m trying to resell my season ticket but not getting any takers!

edit: it’s just been sold !    

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

That’s good. You have until the day before mate to refund tickets.  Only problem is I’m trying to resell my season ticket but not getting any takers!

edit: it’s just been sold !    

i know it's bad but we havent even played a home game yet 😛

• Haha 2

Driving to Birmingham later this afternoon. Booked a hotel for tonight so can start making our way to the ground early ish Saturday morning after breakfast. More expense but it will be a nice outing. Safe and swift travels everyone! Villa better win!! Lol

• Like 1

Â