Train strike

chappy

Train strike has royally pissed me off, have now had to rent a car. We’d better put in a good performance it’s cost me a small fortune with flights as well. 

Doing it all again in two weeks as well! Got to be done though, someone has to give Stevie a cheer! 

• Like 3

Getting in on, getting out terrible. Not as bad as I'd expected though. 

The club seemed to really be pushing the Whitton station in the pre game questionnaire. Suggests their long term aim is to have more fans using that.

Obviously,  it's great for being close to the stadium, but if they don't connect to it from the cross city line I don't see myself ever using it. I'm not park and riding to anywhere on that line, when I can walk to the Cross City Line. 

Edited by MrBlack

17 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Getting in on, getting out terrible. Not as bad as I'd expected though. 

The club seemed to really be pushing the Whitton station in the pre game questionnaire. Suggests their long term aim is to have more fans using that.

Obviously,  it's great for being close to the stadium, but if they don't connect to it from the cross city line I don't see myself ever using it. I'm not park and riding to anywhere on that line, when I can walk to the Cross City Line. 

You can make a connection at Duddeston but it is a bit of a pain only ever 30 minutes, perhaps it will go to 20 minute frequency eventually especially with Perry Barr station being done up for the Commonwealth games.

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

You can make a connection at Duddeston but it is a bit of a pain only ever 30 minutes, perhaps it will go to 20 minute frequency eventually especially with Perry Barr station being done up for the Commonwealth games.

Given the trains to duddeston are pretty infrequent it would probably double the journey time even with a significantly shorter walk.

Like you say, maybe they'll improve the frequency out and accommodate more regular drops there on a match day too.

Still going to have the same bottle neck on the cross city line though afterwards.

They just need more trains on it the 2 hours before a game and the 1 hour after

10 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Given the trains to duddeston are pretty infrequent it would probably double the journey time even with a significantly shorter walk.

Like you say, maybe they'll improve the frequency out and accommodate more regular drops there on a match day too.

Still going to have the same bottle neck on the cross city line though afterwards.

They just need more trains on it the 2 hours before a game and the 1 hour after

There is no capacity on the line to add more services, except possibly on Sundays. Capacity is why they are building HS2 (so that there will be fewer long distance trains running through to Wolverhampton).

But this is off topic in the match forum.

1 minute ago, limpid said:

There is no capacity on the line to add more services, except possibly on Sundays. Capacity is why they are building HS2 (so that there will be fewer long distance trains running through to Wolverhampton).

But this is off topic in the match forum.

There is more capacity. The trains used to be more regular than they are post covid. That said, even at their previous peak it wasn't enough so if that was max capacity then yes  HS2 taking the cross country trains out the picture may help.

Anyway, yes, off topic of the strikes.

• Like 1

Â